Mobile phone unlocking.

Scuse me for hijacking the thread, but does anyone in the know have any current info on unlocking the Nokia 1661? As far as I can find out it's not possible... yet...

universal box or JAF might support it but there is a new batch of ASIC11 Nokia handsets that cant be unlocked at the moment

what network is it locked to

universal box or JAF might support it but there is a new batch of ASIC11 Nokia handsets that cant be unlocked at the moment

what network is it locked to

Currently locked to Orange.

Talk about blatant advertising of what is infact an Illegal procedure on a contract phone :loopy:. Price of fones nowadays just buy a new one that will accept your sim card that does the job.. ie: phones people and texts them !! Failing that try using a laptop for dealing with what mobiles are trying to do... poorly... ;)

@Rizrat - there's nothing illegal about unlocking your phone... it's unBlocking that's illegal.

£25 to unlock an orange phone is a bit steep though, Orange themselves will give out the codes for £20 as far as I know. :hihi:

i have tried to unlock my sony w595 with the A2 uploader but cant get hold of the corect flash drivers to enable the A2 uploader to give the 'add to ' option in the first interface - if anyone understands what I'm on about please help - its driving me crazy! Thanks

Phones are blocked on the network by IMEI (that's why its illegal to change them), there is a device called an EIR Equipment Information Register, this takes the stolen/ lost/ network disabled phone IMEI information and stops the phones from being used.

The EIR is populated and updates information to/from the CEIR Central Equipment Information Register (used to be in physically located in Dublin). Any network with an EIR will block a blocked phone. Most EU operators have an EIR, not all populate from/to the CEIR.

There are networks where blocked phones can be used, usually where there is little or no handset subsidy, though more and more networks are getting EIR's so it might not work in the future.

I would love to unlock my Ericsson K800i which is running K810i software, and pay £10 for the pleasure. Will I lose phone numbers or ANY other information stored on the phone?

Where in Sheffield should I go?

Hi

I need my Samsung Galaxy s GT-I9000 unloking its on 02

Whers the best place to have it unlocked