Mobile phone unlocking.

Where is the cheapest place in Sheffield?

I always get mine done near the castle markets in town.

Mobile phone shop in Crystal Peaks market place is very good.

I had a few quotes recently ... the best price I had was a shop at the end of Elm Lane near the Netto in Sheffield 5 (sorry cant remember name!)

There's plenty of places suggested in the umpteen other threads about phone unlocking. They also give advice on certain shops where you should definitely NOT go.

As for price, it depends on what phone/ phone model you have. Some places charge more for certain newer phones as the unlock codes are, apparently more difficult to get hold of. Generally it can be as low as a fiver, or as much as twenty quid (depending on the phone and where you go.)

There's a place called "Crown Computers" on Condon Road, near Highfield Library, who advertise unlocking for as little as a fiver. I had a nokia 6600 unlocked by them, and it's been fine. (the best and most reliable place was Marketman's stall in the castle market. he was very trustworthy and inexpensive, but sadly he's not doing phones any more. :( .

can phones also be unblocked....not unlocked? and is it more for this?i need an lg viewty sorting

can phones also be unblocked....not unlocked? and is it more for this?i need an lg viewty sorting

did you try to give this away or get it from freecycle??

does it make a difference??

and if i was giving it away...would i be asking about unblocking?

Phones can only be unblocked by changing the IMEI (identification code) and that is now strictly illegal and carries a heavy penalty!

so its not possible to do then if its been blocked and not locked?

does it change the cost?

did you try to give this away or get it from freecycle??

Where is the cheapest place in Sheffield?

A place at Sheffield Lane top do it, depends on the type of phone for cost but I've had three done there and they were a tenner each :)