Has anyone ever made a complaint to the SCC?

and got the results they wanted, how fast did they deal with the complaint,resolutions etc...

SW

I assume you mean small claims court. If you do then yes I have.

As I remember the whole process took many months from delivery of papers to the court to the final outcome as declared by the 'judge'.

The process is meant to be simple but the papers were quite tricky to fill out in places and we have two degrees (so what! I know).

The atmosphere at the hearing would have been tense had the defendant in our case turned up as we had to share the same waiting room............that was in Worksop.

We got the verdict we wanted but as the judge told us, that was the easy bit what was to be more difficult was actually getting our money out of the defendant.

Whoops posts crossed

What I always do if i have to complain, I try to go in person, it always helps talking to someone face to face than over the phone. Then when you have seen someone you can then get a contact.

Originally posted by screamingwitch

and got the results they wanted, how fast did they deal with the complaint,resolutions etc...

SW

Hmm lets see...

1999 SCC allow know drug dealers who torched their previous house to move in on my street - they were rehomed by the homeless section as they had children.

Result = old people threatened, property overtly damaged by both adults and children. Threats to kill made and police involved. Residents physically attacked, driving without licences, riding motorbikes on the pavements etc etc...

How long did it take SCC, despite peititions, MP and Councillor involvement?

After 4years they were still here making life hell, thats how long!!!

Did they get evicted? No! They moved out on their own accord and are now known to be in another Council house making other ppls lives hell.

All I say to any1 making a complaint to SCC is good luck and don't hold your breath.

Originally posted by RaptorX

Hmm lets see...

1999 SCC allow know drug dealers who torched their previous house to move in on my street - they were rehomed by the homeless section as they had children.

Result = old people threatened, property overtly damaged by both adults and children. Threats to kill made and police involved. Residents physically attacked, driving without licences, riding motorbikes on the pavements etc etc...

Did they get evicted? No! They moved out on their own accord and are now known to be in another Council house making other ppls lives hell.

All I say to any1 making a complaint to SCC is good luck and don't hold your breath.

thanx for that,very interesting and duely noted

SW:)

Originally posted by RaptorX

Hmm lets see...

had very same problem.council visited and advised i kept a diary,would i like to borrow a tape recorder, have i spoken to other tennants that had made a complaint,had i ever called the police,if so can you remember the dates and who the officers were? and it went on and on,ended up getting a private injunction against them to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of my home as it says in the councils tenancy agreement, still the council would not move him. ended up in a brawl and i ended up in hammerton road police station charged with assault, while there ,one of the police officers checked him out,he was on a suspended sentence for beating another tennant with an iron bar for complaining to the council about him.

i asked the police how many complaints they had received about him while he was living in this flat,it turned out they had visited him over a dozen times but had done nothing,after a word with my solicitor the charges against me were dropped.

the police contacted the housing,within a month he was moved off,not evicted, moved off, to another house,to make some one elses life a misery

there have been two tenants in the last 15 years or so that were making peoples lives a misery near where i live.

A petition was drawn up and taken around the houses by one of the neighbours and everyone asked to sign, the first nuicances were moved in about 3 months the second lot about 6 months but they put up a big fight to stay and thats why it took so long. If everyone sticks together you should get a result but if your on your own then you have a fight on your hands, it seems the best thing to do is find out who else is suffering besides yourselves.

We made a complaint to the Council about the fact that they let 3 bedroom houses to couples with one child when there is a shortage of 3 bedroom houses and a couple with one child only need 2 bedrooms. Within a couple of weeks the council changed their policy... now they are only advertising 3 bedroom houses as being suitable for a couple with 2 or more children, or for 3 adults sharing. So I suppose they do sometimes listen and learn! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Patchy

We made a complaint to the Council about the fact that they let 3 bedroom houses to couples with one child

My face obviously doesn't fit then because they won't even give me a 2-bedroomed property for my son and i let alone a 3-bedroomed!!

I wrote a letter to Helen Jackson (Hillsborough MP) in 2003 complaining about loud fireworks before and after Bonfire night.

Got a quick response as well, all about how they're changing the law regarding the sale of fireworks etc.

I wouldn't normally have gone to the trouble of writing to my MP but this particular night I was trying to watch a film on Sky and all I could hear was the "BANG BANG BANG!" of fireworks :rant: