Parkour in sheffield

Any1 in sheff doin PK  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Any1 in sheff doin PK

• yes
    • no
    • want to
    • kind of

or..... it's them blokes what jump from one building to another....!

Riiiight!

I see now!

we used to do something very similar in PE, it was called "pirates", and you weren't permitted to tough the Gym floor, you had to swing on ropes and things to get from piece to piece of the apparatus.

there was a program on a week or two ago called jump London or something, which followed a large-scale version f that.

PT

Did you go to Hemsworh school by any chance PT - I can remember playing that and loved it, lol.

Right, lots of people are wondering what Parkour is so ill tell ya.

Parkour was invented in france about 16 years ago and in french it means the art of movement, in england we mostly call it free-running. so basically its from gettin to A to B, if u wanderin what im on about it basically means from one place (a) to another (b) by jumpin, flippin or maybe even spinnin.

I use to play pirates at school aswell it was my favourite thing in PE

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Did you go to Hemsworh school by any chance PT - I can remember playing that and loved it, lol.

Yes Fnky, I went to Hemsworth School, but, judging by your age in your profile, I was there a long time before you were.

I don't think the game of pirates was unique to Hemsworth school, because we played it at the other junior school I went to, and at both the secondary schools I went to.

It semed to be mostly an "end-of-term" thing, that the teachers would let us play, as a special treat. It wasn't the organised P.E. class that we would usually have.

PT

I played pirates at school too, that was in Scotland! Used to do this sort of thing in the playground, when I had energy and flexiblility!

Would definitely be interested in coming to the meet, me and a mate at Sheffield Uni have been interested and been trying it, nothing serious, for a little while now. Could you give us a bit more info.

cheers

well basically its just a meeting of loads of free runners around rotheram, dronfield, sheffield and Barnsley n ne1 who is interested can come. ther will b no teachin tho. It is on the 29th of January (saturday) at noon. hope u will b there

Originally posted by Dozzz

Right, lots of people are wondering what Parkour is so ill tell ya.

Parkour was invented in france about 16 years ago and in french it means the art of movement, in england we mostly call it free-running. so basically its from gettin to A to B, if u wanderin what im on about it basically means from one place (a) to another (b) by jumpin, flippin or maybe even spinnin.

I thought it was from 1939 when they legged it in the wake of the Germans ;) :tongue-in-cheek: smilie - before the PC lot clobber me again!

i saw jump britain, i loved the program n the fact that lots of kids wanna get out there n start doing it. i checked out another thread on ere n found out about a sorta gethering for ppl who wer intersted, i went to town, expecting about 10ppl ther, n ther woz like 60, all jumping around the odeon complex, we just got together and showed eachother what we could do and tried stuff out, it was great! we toured some kool spots round sheffield n i met sum real kool guys, we ended up filming some lines and shooting some still shots n i stiill aint got hold of the footage yet cos it was good stuff, but im lookin round for the guy with the camera online, hes gotta b somewhere. if anyone knows anything about how i can get hold of the footage/anyone who was there that day, at the jam/anyone who oraganised the jam/anyone who is organising or knows about an upcoming jam/anyone who is thinking about getting started wth parkour plz plz plz email me at [email protected] and imk sorry bout the v v v long hotmail addy, dont ask...

anyways, plz do email me for any of the stuff i mentioned just now, it would make my day!!

cya round!

Ben

i saw jump britain, i loved the program n the fact that lots of kids wanna get out there n start doing it. i checked out another thread on ere n found out about a sorta gethering for ppl who wer intersted, i went to town, expecting about 10ppl ther, n ther woz like 60, all jumping around the odeon complex, we just got together and showed eachother what we could do and tried stuff out, it was great! we toured some kool spots round sheffield n i met sum real kool guys, we ended up filming some lines and shooting some still shots n i stiill aint got hold of the footage yet cos it was good stuff, but im lookin round for the guy with the camera online, hes gotta b somewhere. if anyone knows anything about how i can get hold of the footage/anyone who was there that day, at the jam/anyone who oraganised the jam/anyone who is organising or knows about an upcoming jam/anyone who is thinking about getting started wth parkour plz plz plz email me at [email protected] and imk sorry bout the v v v long hotmail addy, dont ask...

anyways, plz do email me for any of the stuff i mentioned just now, it would make my day!!

cya round!

Ben