How to find out if someone is driving illegally??

beware :nod:

“without reasonable cause”

Is the fact that you believe a offence is being committed a reasonable cause.

Watching the local news the other day and they reckon not far from 30 percent of Sheffields drivers are without insurance. Bradford topped the charts though with nearly 60 percent, no surprise there then.

Dont believe all you hear,look at the motives!

The Department now admits that ‘misread registration marks tend to inflate estimates of evasion and that ‘detailed checking (of the 2007 survey) has removed this inflationary effect from the 2007 estimates.’ The latest figures now show evasion rates for motorcycles at 6.5%, a massive reduction on the much-publicised 38% contained in the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee report published in January.

But not before blackening Bikers name.Ill bet the retreat wont be half as publisised as the slating was!

Also the 38% figure was part of the governments justification/plans to have chips fitted to all M/C numberplates in order that motorcyles could be identified by roadside readers. This was 'tested' (with very dubious methods and results) by several police forces over the past year.

Stich up comes to mind!!!

Is the fact that you believe a offence is being committed a reasonable cause.

Probably not. The police are authorised to check up on things like that; the general public is not, as a rule.

I certainly wouldn't go entering registrations w/o making absolutely sure of that first.

Probably not. The police are authorised to check up on things like that; the general public is not, as a rule.

I certainly wouldn't go entering registrations w/o making absolutely sure of that first.

If that is the case why is the web site readily available to the public, no signing in, no password protection etc?

Well, I'm surprised anyone can get away with anything these days.....what with ANR and speed camera's that recognise number plates too. You can't even fart without someone in an ivory tower somewhere knowing about it....lol

If that is the case why is the web site readily available to the public, no signing in, no password protection etc?

So that you can check your own car, I think... the disclaimer clause does ask you to confirm that it's a car you (or your employers) own and that you regularly drive.

So that you can check your own car, I think... the disclaimer clause does ask you to confirm that it's a car you (or your employers) own and that you regularly drive.

Or that you have reasonable cause to be searching the information which I would have thought leaves it wide open.:roll:

Or that you have reasonable cause to be searching the information which I would have thought leaves it wide open.:roll:

Well as you say, it depends what they class as "reasonable." I don't know, but I highly doubt that "I think someone is breaking the law" would count. It probably should count, but I don't think it will.