Wokmania this evening

Ade65

What on earth are you expecting from an all you can eat buffet you cheap skates ?!?!?

If you want good food, go pay that bit more and go to a proper restaurant.

Lord, I bet you people expect Gordon Ramsey serving you your Big Mac's in McD's.

:o

Yes, I did just say all that :)

Hi,

Went to Wokmania with my wife at teatime tonight as we were in town, and used one of the 2-for-1 vouchers from 'Exposed'. It was about 5:30Pm so prices had risen to £11.90 each (so the voucher was the only reason we went in).

Shocking. Food cold, a good number of the food trays empty, even the wraps basket for the shredded duck was empty - one of the things supposed to be on after 5PM. Not enough serving cutlery, so people were using their fingers to get the shredded veg to go with the duck (but not the wraps!). I was surprised at the low number of items to choose from also. No staff around to replenish the empty trays either.

As we left, I did complain, and the manager said they were in the process of changing the items over for the evening buffet (this was after 6PM, an hour after the evening menu was supposed to start, and an hour after the evening price was being applied).

We only got charged for our drinks, so I guess that says they recognised the bad performance; but shouldn't they be making sure that they don't give a bad performance like that? I know we'll not be back.

If the manager had the decency to see the errors and let you off without paying for the food, why not return a bit of that good will and not bad mouth the place off on here ?

I'll set a soap box up for you on fargate this Saturday if you like ?

Get it off your chest, why not ? :loopy:

shocking food at this place but guess u swop quality for quantity - i'd sooner go somewhere and have one or two nice dishes than loads of crap ones..... I also worry this is the same Wokmania as the one in Doncaster described by the Star as being filthy and swarming with flies - and guilty of 23 hygene offences - fined £11k

I do believe it's part of the same chain that franchises Wokmania, Spicemania and Pizzamania brands (and there was a huge to-do about the ones in leeds, too, being closed down because of hygeine issues:- the Pizzamania is still closed i beieev they were fines 12K for that failing!).

Of the four "buffet" chinese restaurants in Sheffield (five if you count Esticutum on Staniforth Road) WM has to be just about the very worst of the worst. cold food, poor veggie choices, staff generally not much use , the only thing, really, going for it is the "unlimited soft drink" offer.

Marble Court is ok, if you aren't a veggie, and if you can actually catch them open (they are a bit hit and miss about whether they are opening, some nights:_ you turn up when they advertise they are open, and very often they aren't!), and are prepared to wait, as you choose what you want, and they bring it to you.

Jumbo is somewhat better than Wokmania, but the choice, again isn't huge.

Of the city centre ones, "Number One", by the tramstop is best, reasonably decent selection, food usually of good quality, and the hot-food is not usually cold.

When we went on the "Forum foodie-meet" to Esticutum, at Darnall, that was excellent, as you had the option of choosing between Chinese, Indian or Thai, (or mix-and-match if you should so choose!) food was nice, tasty, fresh, hot... you could have a naan bread made fresh to order. The atmosphere was nice there, too, and the decor was nice and crisp and clean.

Zing Vaa, on the Moor do a buffet but the last time I ate there, the food was awful, and the service was worse!

What on earth are you expecting from an all you can eat buffet you cheap skates ?!?!?

If you want good food, go pay that bit more and go to a proper restaurant.

Lord, I bet you people expect Gordon Ramsey serving you your Big Mac's in McD's.

:o

Yes, I did just say all that :)

I think they were expecting exactly what was advertised by Wokmania and the food to actualy be there and be hot.

If the manager had the decency to see the errors and let you off without paying for the food, why not return a bit of that good will and not bad mouth the place off on here ?

I'll set a soap box up for you on fargate this Saturday if you like ?

Get it off your chest, why not ? :loopy:

Ah, diddums, you a friend of his?

The loopy one is you here; on a forum like this, it is expected that people will relate bad experiences, so others can avoid. Better I said nothing, so others can go and experience the same?

If you don't like that, don't read the threads. Simple as.

And in real life, accepting you have made errors does not obviate your responsibility for them.

Ah, diddums, you a friend of his?

The loopy one is you here; on a forum like this, it is expected that people will relate bad experiences, so others can avoid. Better I said nothing, so others can go and experience the same?

If you don't like that, don't read the threads. Simple as.

And in real life, accepting you have made errors does not obviate your responsibility for them.

No, he is not a friend of mine. I have never even been to the place.

Anyhow, I'll not interrupt your little thread and will continue to let you voice your opinion on your cheap skate all you can eat buffet.

P.S. My McDonalds was cold this afternoon, booo hoooo, tell the manager I want my coke free or I'll bad mouth the place on S.F.

LOL

No, he is not a friend of mine. I have never even been to the place.

Anyhow, I'll not interrupt your little thread and will continue to let you voice your opinion on your cheap skate all you can eat buffet.

P.S. My McDonalds was cold this afternoon, booo hoooo, tell the manager I want my coke free or I'll bad mouth the place on S.F.

LOL

Liam, I don't know you, I don't think I want to, but is your stated intention on this to completely p*ss people off? If it is, then congratulations. 1979? Are you sure it's not meant to read 1989?