Sanctuary housing modernisations in Shiregreen.

I moved into a 're-modernised' property on Shiregreen in November 07.

I was moved back out and into a decant property on the 5th May 09. This is because I had so many problems in my other property they have had to completely redo it for me. I have had no hot water as the boiler was plumbed in wrong, electrical faults (no neutral in the kitchen, lights wired wrongly), windows not fitted correctly...the latest problem which caused my move was a flood in my bathroom that leaked into my hallway and living room completely ruining my 2 month old carpet and wallpaper. This was due to the seals not being tightened properly on the waste pipe underneath the bath. I have had to have my home completely re-plastered.

I did vote for sanctuary and really wish i hadn't. The show home is done up to an excellent standard, unfortunately they cut corners on the tenants homes! :rant:

I The show home is done up to an excellent standard, unfortunately they cut corners on the tenants homes! :rant:

You could always pay for it yourself

I shouldn't have to when I am paying full rent to a landlord who promised to do my home up to a decent standard

I shouldn't have to when I am paying full rent to a landlord who promised to do my home up to a decent standard

So stop moaning. Maybe i shall ask my bank who i am paying for my home to refurb it:loopy:

So stop moaning. Maybe i shall ask my bank who i am paying for my home to refurb it:loopy:

why? I was promised a decent home, I want a decent home. The government are paying for it to be refurbished not Sanctuary. I am a tax payer, therefore I AM paying for my house to be done up

why? I was promised a decent home, I want a decent home. The government are paying for it to be refurbished not Sanctuary. I am a tax payer, therefore I AM paying for my house to be done up

And as i am a tax payer should they do mine

Received a letter today and they are going to modernize ours this year, after reading this thread I cant decide whether to stay or move out while it is all done, do you get a choice to stay out if you do decide to move while the work is done? :confused:

And as i am a tax payer should they do mine

Didn't you lose the right to claim that benefit when the people you bought your ex council house from exercised their right to buy?

Some people pay rent and after 20 years continue to pay rent... Others buy a home and after completing repayments own the home - an investment into their future.

Maybe you should ask your bank to refurbish your home. And why you're at it maybe you should ask your bank for a loan to improve your education... Obviously you fail to grasp the Decent Home Scheme is funded by Central Government who, in turn, have received EEC funding to assist bring homes of the less fortunate or those who choose to live in social housing up to a decent standard.

Oh yeah - don't forget all the taxes those in social housing have paid over the years which have partly been used to make the UK's contribution to the EEC.

Housing Associations have Economic Developement Managers, etc, whose job it is to obtain funding for numerous projects - you may use your public relations skills to make a noise about the (sometimes) large administration cost to put such funding to positive use.

I am an electrical supervisor on behalf of a partnership who undertake Decent Homes works. The Site Manager would sack anybody who didn't demonstrate respect for tenants... Something I agree with completely.

Today I knocked on the door of a 70+ year old man who lives within social housing... He was blind, had no carer, the stench of amonia (urine) was overpowering, the home was in a very,very, very poor condition. Now I wished I was wearing a disposable oversuit, white wellingtons, a hood and a full face mask - I am itching all over (even though I left work and returned home to put my clothes in the wash machine and have a disinfectant bath.

I see social housing homes that could occupy a page within upper-end home improvement publications for the style and attention to detail demonstrated within the tenants decor... But the occupier may never own the home - they're just making it comfortable for themselves during their tenure.

Does your home need a refurb? I would suggest your mind does!!!

Mod note. This is a thread about the modernisation of Sanctuary homes and for the people who have concerns about the program, it is not a thread to bash people that by need or choice live in social housing.

Phylis;5283538 you have had your say on this thread many times, if you have a gripe with people renting then make your own thread to do it elsewhere, stop causing arguments and thread spoiling , enough is enough!

Received a letter today and they are going to modernize ours this year, after reading this thread I cant decide whether to stay or move out while it is all done, do you get a choice to stay out if you do decide to move while the work is done? :confused:

Yes you can move out, if you have pets or small children I would move out personally, I stayed in and it is major upheaval!

Moonbird...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Today I met a 'tenant inspector' whom asked for advice regarding her inspection upon her housing associations behalf...

Advice regarding what is the demonstration of good trade skills during Decent Homes works would help those raising issues prior to the jobs being 'signed off' and the contractors paid. Raising issues afterwards may be too late....