Getting hold of manure megathread!

I have horse manure, its from the field, so no bedding in it, can't guarantee its weed-free entirely but the field is nice and clean and the hay is good quality so shouldn't be a big problem. Also its fairly fresh so if you stack it and rot it properly any seed would be killed.

I only have a couple so there isn't a mountain of it. Come winter there may be four stabled so more manure, also used woodchips or straw, I keep them all separate. You need to stack and rot any used bedding for quite a while before its any use.

I'm not allowed to stack it on the field, so if anyone wants a large supply and has a suitable area to use, I would be happy to trailer it over and make a proper muck heap which will heat up and rot down after 12 months. I can also deliver S5/S6 ish, by the bag. Cheap as I only need to cover my costs.

I don't allow any wormers or medication into the muck heap, that is always removed and burnt. The horses are fed haylage, chopped hay, grass and sugar beet pulp, no artificial fertilisers are used on the field, nor any herbicides or pesticides, so nothing scary will be going into your veg plots. pm me if you're interested.

Anyone have any manure or rabbit/guinei pig manure they want to get rid of, we have an allotment at wincobank S5

I have approx 30 bags ready tomorrow S8

hi peaches i would love some of your bags but don't have the means to transport and my partner wouldn't let me put it in her Audi

Peaches - are you reasonably close to Meersbrook allotments - I could collect some of your bags after 3:30 pm.

Yes im in Woodseats 5 min round the corner I'll pm you

Thanks - I've just got soaked so I'm sitting by the fire tonight but I'll try to pick some up tomorrow after work

I'm not sure they do deliveries but they're selling bags of manure at Cowley Lane Riding School, Holmesfield

Have a pile of black bags full of bunny/guinea pig manure ready to go, a few weeks ago I didn't have enough to go round now no one wants it!!
As above loads of it. I'm moving soon so need it gone if anyone would like it.... then I can start again at the new place :DPosted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Going in the bin seeing as no one want it.

Edited by sjw1705

Hi, im new to the allotment scene and not sure where to start, im wanting fresh or well rotted manure in bags, my plot is on the Meersbrook site so could do with some available near to this site, any information would be a help.

Thanks

I have a small rescue and my waste is taken by Handsworth allotments at present, but if you want some your welcome... It is in bags..