How far back do I go on cv

do I included all of my working career as it is over 30 years

Definitely, but as the previous poster says, keep it short: the relevance of the finer detail dwindles with time.

As far as qualifications go, I think something along the lines of Four 'O'-levels: English, Chemistry, Maths & Biology would be fine. No need for the examination board and precise date etc. They'll be expecting you to have taken them so long ago that such information will be irrelevant now. Of course, if you have a lot, say twelve 'O'-levels, I wouldn't even bother to state which ones!

The advice I was given when jobhunting, was to pare the CV down, to cover no more than two sides of A4 paper.

oh, and list the relevant possitions, eg, don't put the temping as a warehouse hand if you were applying for a nursing post, and vice versa,

The advice I was given when jobhunting, was to pare the CV down, to cover no more than two sides of A4 paper.

oh, and list the relevant possitions, eg, don't put the temping as a warehouse hand if you were applying for a nursing post, and vice versa,

Thats the same advice i was given, tho it doesn't really make any difference in my trade.

I'd put everything down but only go into detail on the recent ones, ones relevant to the posts you are applying for, and any particularly interesting ones. That way you don't have unexplained gaps where they'll assume you were in prison.

I was told recently that any qualifications over 10 years old do not count, however that is clearly rediculous, because if I were to provide a CV with the nationally recognised academic qualifications I have got in the last 3 years and none of the ones from 20 years ago, a prospective employer would get a wholly incorrect impression of my skills and expertise.

I was told recently that any qualifications over 10 years old do not count, however that is clearly rediculous, because if I were to provide a CV with the nationally recognised academic qualifications I have got in the last 3 years and none of the ones from 20 years ago, a prospective employer would get a wholly incorrect impression of my skills and expertise.
Thats true. they wouldn't know you passed a bunch of exams two decades ago that are now out of date

“I hate a good many things, but I suffer them all the same.”

Stannis Baratheon