I reported my neighbour to the RSPCA.

I recently reported a neighbour to the RSPCA because they have a dog, which I have NEVER known to not b e locked in the garden.

It is not tied up, and it does have a kennel, however the kennel is only covered on 3 sides, so one side is open to the elements, so if the wind is blowing in the right direction it is going to get soaked or snowed on. I'm a bit of a night owl, and again, it is NEVER inside regardless of how late/cold/wet the weather is.

The RSPCA said they would send someone out to have a look, and today I notice that the dog is not in the garden.

Is it possible that they have taken the dog away, or maybe the owners have brought it inside now.

Does anyone know what action the RSPCA may have taken?

The RSPCA should be able to tell you the outcome, if you left your contact details. In the past I have reported a neighbour and the inspector did get back to me to tell me how the visit had gone within an hour of leaving the dog owner. I think if you call back and ask for them to let you know and are forceful but polite about it, then you will have better results.

They will only take the dog away if there appears to be extreme suffering. They will usually advise on the dogs care and then report back to check that they are keeping up with the instructions, if they dont, then they will request a sign over by the owner.

I imagine in your situation, they would advise them on a suitable kennel and if the dog is not hardy, or elderly, they may insist it be kept indoors at night, particularly at this time of year. It does depend on the particular inspector though

hope this helps

They wont report back to you unless at the time of the call you ask.

i wouldnt have thought the rspca would have took the dog straight away unless the owner had handed it over or it was in such a ill state,i would have thought they would have advised how to keep the dog and done regular checks to make sure that it was getting treated rite

but i might be wrong

You can always report this sort of thing to the dog wardens as well.

Often they will visit if they think that a dog is being neglected like this - and certainly will advise the owner about the welfare act in which the dog is entitled to shelter, warmth, food etc.,

Definately phone back and see whats happened. I sometimes think that people like this need a reminder that they can't get away with cruelty and neglect - somepeople do care and so they will get reported

well done