Sign in to follow this  

Strangest things - Believe them or NOT!

To my thread of 06-11-04 'Believe it or NOT - Strange experiences' I have now been given slight comfirmation that as i first thought... I may have been born with a natural gift...

I was at a Xmas Party with my other half Pauly Last night... He introduced me to his cousin who i have never in my life seen before...

As we were getting to know one another during chat... She asked me what i thought to be a very strange question... 'Are you into spiritual stuff?' My immediate thoughts were 'I'm dressed all in black maybe she thinks i'm a Goth' lol then thinking further beyond my first thought... No one would really come out with such a strange question... I then returned the questions on her... 'What are you?' 'Can you see something in me?' I have to admit i was freaked at first... I felt a very warm sensation wash over me... With this i became very interested as i am very keen to learn if that natural gift is real or just my imagination...

The plot thinkens... Another question was thrown at me... 'Whos Henry?' i replied 'No not again lol' the name Henry has been mentioned to me by a Medium before... Both Pauly's cousin and the Medium in the past had told me that Henry is all around me... A very caring person... Loves me dearly an is very close to me... I will be looking into this name further as my Family are unaware of who this person is either...

As the evening went on i felt very comfortable talking to his cousin so I told her about past experiences throughout my life she sensed someone was trying to tell me something...Before saying goodbye to his cousin she told me that i definiately have something and that i should really consider looking into it further... As she too started out like me having weird experiences so she looked deeper into it... She's now been studying the spiritual world for the past year... So as you can imagine she was very pleased that a message came to her whilst in the middle of a general conversation with someone she had never even met before...

One thing did put me off was that she told me that she has spirits sitting on the end or at the side of her bed giving her messages... At one point she had 4 talking to her all related... i think that would really freak me... But as Pauly said its something that she has and i would get used to in time...

So watch this space...

Guest Ant
The plot thinkens... Another question was thrown at me... 'Whos Henry?' i replied 'No not again lol' the name Henry has been mentioned to me by a Medium before... Both Pauly's cousin and the Medium in the past had told me that Henry is all around me... A very caring person... Loves me dearly an is very close to me... I will be looking into this name further as my Family are unaware of who this person is either...

If neither you nor your family are aware of who this Henry is, doesn't that tell you something? C'mon, Angel, you're now fishing for obscure Henry links in your family tree. The chances are, you'll find someone by that name if you look hard enough.

We all have weird experiences, it's a question of whether they are paranormal or of natural origin. Someone of spiritual beliefs is likely to stick a paranormal label on the incidents, someone with a more grounded mindeset will say they're just unusual experiences, caused by co-incidence and misobservation of natural events.

You've got to ask yourself which is more likely? Don't fall into the wishy-washy logic of the crystal swingers, Angel.

Originally posted by Ant

If neither you nor your family are aware of who this Henry is, doesn't that tell you something? C'mon, Angel, you're now fishing for obscure Henry links in your family tree. The chances are, you'll find someone by that name if you look hard enough.

We all have weird experiences, it's a question of whether they are paranormal or of natural origin. Someone of spiritual beliefs is likely to stick a paranormal label on the incidents, someone with a more grounded mindeset will say they're just unusual experiences, caused by co-incidence and misobservation of natural events.

You've got to ask yourself which is more likely? Don't fall into the wishy-washy logic of the crystal swingers, Angel.

People can believe in what they want to believe...

I am not trying to put this upon believers/non believers... i am merely putting into words of my experience... Both his cousin and a further medium have told me about Henry... if it were 2 different names then yes i would believe in your theory...

My father so happened to be a palm reader so for me to have a gift is not out of the equation...

Guest Ant

Of course people can believe in what they want to believe in. Belief is a matter of faith, however. When you're dealing with paranormal occurences faith isn't appropriate - it's not a religion. Scientific method, logic, and a good deal of common sense have to be used.

I know you're not putting this on people Angel, but you've posted it on a forum, and I've commented on it, so don't get all defensive, I'm not having a dig at you.

if it were 2 different names then yes i would believe in your theory...

If you had a Henry in your immediate family, I would be slightly more inclined to think it more than co-incidence.

I am not a religious person but I do believe that sometimes these things are more than coincidence. Yes I understand what you are saying Ant and I would agree that the name Henry(being quite a common name in the past) would probably show up in most peoples family history. What I would probably have done is asked for more information on Henry, but I would certainly have given this lady the benefit of the doubt. What you must remember is that having only been working with her 'gift' for a year she is still relatively new to it all and to get a message out of the blue, however small, is quite an achievement. Faith doesn't always come in to it but proof does and the more proof we get the more we believe. I, even after all the years I have worked as a medium, am still looking for more and more proof that is why I do what I do. I can assure you that over the years I have had too much 'stuff' that cannot be purely coincidence. Unless I am reading someones mind who is reading someone else's mind who is reading someone else's mind who is picking up on a genetic link, and so on and so forth. Please don't knock it until you can prove for definite that it is not so. Yes sometimes it is coincidence, but not always.

Guest Ant

Is this Bren? If it is, hi. If not, er, well, hi anyway!

What I would probably have done is asked for more information on Henry, but I would certainly have given this lady the benefit of the doubt.

But this is my point, why should the lady be given the benefit of the doubt? Surely it's up to the medium/psychic to prove herself, not for the subject just to have blind faith in her?

I can assure you that over the years I have had too much 'stuff' that cannot be purely coincidence.

I don't want to go over old ground here that's been covered in a good many other threads, but I'll repeat my criticism that it's all too anecdotal, and never EVER stands up to close scientific scrutiny. Why can't medium's abilities ever be confirmed in laboratary conditions?

Please don't knock it until you can prove for definite that it is not so.

I'm not knocking it ! I was simply addressing Angel's post with a degree of healthy scepticism. Also, I could just as well say "please don't tout the abilities of mediums until you can prove for definite this it IS so. " The onus is on you (not personally, but as a medium), not on the sceptics. Why should I prove that Tony Blair isn't an alien lizard simply because David Icke says he is? Or that the Iraqis had WOMD simply because Tony Blair said so? Proof first, that's all I ask.

Guest Ant

Actually Angel, you said you attended a xmas party, and someone approached you:

As we were getting to know one another during chat... She asked me what i thought to be a very strange question... 'Are you into spiritual stuff?'

This wasn't the SPI xmas do, was it? If it was, there were a good many mediums there, and a question concerning whether you were into spiritual matters surely wouldn't have been that unexpected !? ;)

Hi Ant yes it is Brenda lol and no I don't think Angel was there but with the amount of people Brenda invited I couldn't tell. And have a Merry Christmas to you and yours.:hihi:

Guest Ant

Aw, bless ya, mate. Merry Christmas to you Bren & family.

no I don't think Angel was there but with the amount of people Brenda invited I couldn't tell.

It was with Bren commenting on Angel's medium as if she knew her, I put two and two together and made five.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ant

Actually Angel, you said you attended a xmas party, and someone approached you:

This wasn't the SPI xmas do, was it? If it was, there were a good many mediums there, and a question concerning whether you were into spiritual matters surely wouldn't have been that unexpected !? ;)

This was a normal xmas house party with my other half's family & friends... no one actually approached me we were already sat in the kitchen making general chit chat when all of a sudden without warning she threw the question my way... May i add that Miss B (pauly's cousin) didnt know me from adam when she asked me if i was into spiritual stuff an that she was sent a message via Henry... Miss B did tell me if she happened to be freaking me out she wouldnt persist with the question any further...

Before i left she also asked me to write my name down on a piece of paper in my ordinary writing for her so it could be looked into... I am remaining in touch with Miss B as i am very interested in this kinda thing...

I think people are missing the point here... maybe i have lead everyone here to misunderstand the whole thing...

Stick to your guns, Angel.

Only you need to know how true any of it is. There's no point in trying to explain it to anybody who hasn't shared such an experience.

There are very few who are capable of remaining open minded, bearing in mind there's no such thing as proof that it's all untrue!

Many believers have a good reason to believe. Many non-believers have no grounds for their non-belief!

PS. I believe. (But I also believe in scam merchants.)