Le Marrakech - Moroccan restaurant - Central Plaza - West one

Flightlevel

I've just sauntered through West One on my lunch break and I notice a new Moroccan restarant called "Le Marrakech" situated in what used to be a cafe that sat central in the main piazza.

I couldn't see a menu displayed, nor can I find a website so perhaps it has not yet opened. If they do it well it could be a good addition (tagine et al) but of course if they do it badly it may be as appealing as eating a camel's dangly bits.

Does anyone know any more??

I've just sauntered through West One on my lunch break and I notice a new Moroccan restarant called "Le Marrakech" situated in what used to be a cafe that sat central in the main piazza.

I couldn't see a menu displayed, nor can I find a website so perhaps it has not yet opened. If they do it well it could be a good addition (tagine et al) but of course if they do it badly it may be as appealing as eating a camel's dangly bits.

Does anyone know any more??

Nope, sorry, but thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep an eye out for it as it sounds bang up my street.

If it's the same people who bought the original Utopia coffee shop I doubt it will go well as the lady who served there was sour faced at the best of times.

Utopia under the first owner was a great place for a coffee - when he moved on, the atmosphere changed dramatically and it was basically down to the staff as far as I could figure!

it caught my attention when we went for a meal at las iguanas on wednesday.

unfortunately, despite my promise to my friend to have a quick bob in and peek at the menu....i forgot after half a bottle of wine and was more concerned about not being blown away by the wind whilst having a sneaky cig outside.

the candles on the tables were lit and they appeared to be open, although i dont remember 'actually' seeing anybody in there. :suspect:

x

According to the Star mention the owners are called "Hicham Boulguid and Amer Raza Khan".

Now I used to know a Moroccan chap named Hicham and believe that to be a name more common in Morocco than other places. If these are actuall Moroccan owners I do hope they really do a good job of producing some traditional Moroccan fayre. Moroccan cuisine is excellent, full of flavour, texture and passion.

It is just a shame that the smoking ban includes authentic hookah pipes as that would really make for an autherntic post meal accompaniment with the mint tea.

Never the less, I'll have to give it a try sometime soon.

on the basis of the review, myself and a friend have just booked a table for next week- will keep you all posted!

x

ps. promisingly when ive just called, they did sound quite busy in the background...hopefully if it is good, it wont just be a flash in the pan restaurant.

on the basis of the review, myself and a friend have just booked a table for next week- will keep you all posted!

x

Well, we enjoyed it, didn't we love? :)

I'd eat there again. Good, freshly cooked, authentic Moroccan food in a tastefully decorated environment, with excellent service.

What more could you want?