The Deerstalker Sporting Gun Club (Stannington)

Hi everyone,

I have recently taken over The Deerstalker Pub in Stannington and started a Sporting Gun Club, I would be very interesed in talking to anyone interested in joining my Club and also people who have a local Vermin problem that they would like addressing by myself and my fellow Gun Club Members.

I recently visited Dave Dixon (trading as Arthur Turners) at his home and he is a very nice guy, any way I can arange 50 clays on a Sunday morning for the bargain price of £10-15, but only through The (my) Deerstalker Sporting Gun Club. Please PM me if you are interested in joining and attending our Sporting shoot days. They will include target, clays and game shoots if anyone is interested.

Ultimately it is my goal to obtain an experienced Game Chef to be able to produce freshly made meals with the game that we shoot so that we can enjoy a quality Pint (or 8 ) along with our freshly prepared meals for a minimal charge or if Gun Club Sub's apply then the meal preperation shall (hopefully) be free of charge.

There is nothing finer than sitting around with your fellow Guns and eating your own Game at the end of of good Days shoot along with a quality Pint or two, to wash it down.

Also I can arrange very cheap paint balling days out if anyone is interested in testing their field skills, because if a Human can spot you, the Game will see you a Mile away lol ;)

Kindest regards,

SheffieldS6:)

Hey Sheffield6, would we have to supply our own guns ?

£10-15 for 50 clays? Sounds good!

Where abouts would the venue be for clay shooting?

Did this for the first time a couple of weks ago. I went to a lodge near Inverness to do some Deerstalking. I loved it. I also hit 5/10 clays as well so would not mind having another go to see if that was a fluke.

Hey Sheffield6, would we have to supply our own guns ?

This sounds good, i had a good a year or so ago and would love to have another try. But the above question is what i was going to ask as well.

Hi Guys,

First of all I must apologise for my slow response to your replys, But Ive been really pulled out lately with the Pub.

Any way...The original offer that I was made for the clay shoots turned out to be not be such a great offer after all.

However, I have managed to find an alternative venue where the Shot Guns are supplied free of charge, all you need is £15 for the venue along with the clays and £5 for a box of cartridges, so just £20 in total for a bloody good morning out.

My intention is for us all to meet up at the Pub (Deerstalker) and for us to share transport to the Shoot and back, along with a few beers after the shoot back at the Pub.

Any way, please PM me with your name and contact number if you are up for joining the Club and coming Shooting, this way I can line up a shoot in the near future and keep you posted with the details such as time and date etc.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

All the best for the festive season Guys n Gals,

SheffieldS6

:)

you must be barmy having guns after all that has hsppened in sheffield in last few months if i was police i would revoke you public house licence as you are not fit to run a public place of meeting

you must be barmy having guns after all that has hsppened in sheffield in last few months if i was police i would revoke you public house licence as you are not fit to run a public place of meeting

What an ill-informed nonsense of a post!

You have absolutely no idea what you're on about - how on earth can you speculate that SheffieldS6 isn't fit to be a publican because he's starting a shooting club?

What a stupid thing to say.

This gentleman is trying to arrange an organised day out not some chavvy gang battle.

maybe he is but its still gives wrong impression to people especially the young and impresionable ,,,hope it works for him and dont backfire big time

maybe he is but its still gives wrong impression to people especially the young and impresionable ,,,hope it works for him and dont backfire big time

I'm missing something here... how can organising an event with (I assume ;) ) properly licensed weapons etc possibly give a wrong impression to anyone?

Well of course people are entitled to their oppinions lol.

All I can say is that the shoots are held at a fully Licenced, fully Insured locations and are run by Fully Licenced, highly experienced Gun Smiths, Hunters and sports Guns alike.

It is all LEGAL, above board and safety training and assesments are made by the event organisers prior to anyone even getting their hands on a Shot Gun and they are continuously observed during the shoot so as to ensure that safety standards are maintained throughout the shoot.

I can assure you that the way these events are organised can only possibly promote sensible aproaches to the sport and Gun safety alike.

I must say however, that to suggest that I am not fit to have a public place for meeting due to my sporting interests is rediculous and at best outrageous and only goes to highlight peoples ignorance on the subject.

But like I say...your entitled to your oppinion...no matter how small minded and ill informed.

Thanks for the support you Guys who felt the need to fight my corner. It is very much appreciated :)