January Transfer Rumour Thread!

LFCMadPaul

Sissoko/Cahill??

Sissoko doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

Touch of an ox.

To be honest, I am not too fussy about either! For me Sissoko could leave and I wouldn't really care. Cahill, although a good player, would not get into our midfield, so I would be more upset that the money had not been spent on a wide player if he was to sign for Liverpool.

It won't happen.

I hope not anyway!

if you insist :roll:

there still zero chance of cahill moving to liverpool. suspend reality for a minute and even if he did do you honestly think sisoko is worth even half of cahil?

First steps maybe in motion Preacher lad :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/11/16/sissoko-s-reds-fear-89520-20116550/

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=65317 ;)

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2007/11/18/Prem-Liverpool-eye-Garay-and-Reina-talks-Mascherano/

It says in the link provided that the deal of £17m for the loan of Mascherano to be made permenent includes 5 years of the players wages! Without knowing exactly what Mascherano's salery will actually be, it is impossible to work out however, I'm guessing it will be a fair chunk off the original £17m we thought it would cost just to sign him! Good stuff!

About Garay - not seen enough of him to make a sound judgement, but most reports i have read have been singing his praises! Can play at Right Back or Central Defence, so would provide much needed cover and could also be the long term replacement for Finnan!

That's if Utd don't snatch him that is :suspect:

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2007/11/18/Prem-Liverpool-eye-Garay-and-Reina-talks-Mascherano/

It says in the link provided that the deal of £17m for the loan of Mascherano to be made permenent includes 5 years of the players wages! Without knowing exactly what Mascherano's salery will actually be, it is impossible to work out however, I'm guessing it will be a fair chunk off the original £17m we thought it would cost just to sign him! Good stuff!

About Garay - not seen enough of him to make a sound judgement, but most reports i have read have been singing his praises! Can play at Right Back or Central Defence, so would provide much needed cover and could also be the long term replacement for Finnan!

That's if Utd don't snatch him that is :suspect:

i think liverpool need him more than Utd but also agree that reports look good. Have liverpool given up on heinze though? still rumours that he will come in Jan? funny guy. he was revered at Utd and then overnight all goodwill vanished when he startied talking about going to anfield. That doesnt bother me at all but he spends a lot of time injured and a lot of time traveling to play friendlies for argentina. not sure he s worth it.

i think liverpool need him more than Utd but also agree that reports look good. Have liverpool given up on heinze though? still rumours that he will come in Jan? funny guy. he was revered at Utd and then overnight all goodwill vanished when he startied talking about going to anfield. That doesnt bother me at all but he spends a lot of time injured and a lot of time traveling to play friendlies for argentina. not sure he s worth it.

All good points!

Heinze is good, no doubt! You have just hit the nail on the head though when you said, "not sure he's worth it".

The young Argie sounds a better investment to me!

Can I just add Raj? You are one of the mildest mannered, easy going, clued up Manchester Utd fan that I have come across!!!

Good for you!

All good points!

Heinze is good, no doubt! You have just hit the nail on the head though when you said, "not sure he's worth it".

The young Argie sounds a better investment to me!

Can I just add Raj? You are one of the mildest mannered, easy going, clued up Manchester Utd fan that I have come across!!!

Good for you!

Cheers pal! you re alright too. Bit of mutual respect!

I ve never understood the bile that utd and liverpool have for each other- the fans anyway. A bit of respect between the two would not go amiss. The grief heinze was getting just cos he talked to 'pool was daft. same kind of thing was being said about possibility of Owen coming to Utd. Given his injuries this year though, maybe not bad though that he was ruled out!