Fireworks are going off all the time again

Nah this isn't like iraq, no ones been killed in a friendly firework incident by a firwork crazed american.

People are setting fireworks of in brightside at about 4:00pm until it starts to get dark, then they stop, i thought the whole point of them was to see what happens when they go off. Its gonna be kids doing it because they think its big and clever, they'll soon stop when they get hurt.

I personally hate them. If you had three dogs like mine who are so traumatised that they try to dig out of the house through the floor, they shake uncontrollably and their hearts are beating so fast you are worried about them having heart failure, then I dont think you would feel the same way about fireworks.

I am no killjoy, as I think fireworks are great at organised displays and if they only went on for the one night we could all live in harmony and I could sedate my dogs (shouldnt have to, but wouldnt mind for one night only). We are not in Iraq thankfully but my dogs think that they are.

*******THIS IS A RANT********

My pooch is also scared silly by these aswell. Fire works are pretty lame to be fair. I just don't see the attraction. Toffee apples on the other hand are great.

http://www.weimaraner-online.de/bilder/funny.jpg

Where is the Health and Safety numties when it matters.

Police and fire men can not swim after drowning kids but teenagers can buy and let off potential missiles/dangerous items at this time of year. Is it just me...

:loopy:

Yep

Whilst we spend £billions waging a "war on terror" there's folks in parts of Sheffield who daren't go out at night cos of teenie gangs.

We have teenagers shot dead in the street, national borders porous to people, drugs, guns, white slaves

Maybe the war on terror should be based at home. Let's spend money protecting British people not killing Iraqis

Yep

Whilst we spend £billions waging a "war on terror" there's folks in parts of Sheffield who daren't go out at night cos of teenie gangs.

We have teenagers shot dead in the street, national borders porous to people, drugs, guns, white slaves

Maybe the war on terror should be based at home. Let's spend money protecting British people not killing Iraqis

well said ;)

I too like fireworks ON BONFIRE NIGHT, they are so pretty! The tradition surrounding this time of year has been completely lost.

People are setting off fireworks anywhere and anytime (fair enough if it's a special occasion or something) but it especially annoys me when they go off during daylight hours...

I also saw two 'yoofs' throw a firework at a car on Abbeydale Road outside the Broadfield pub last night. It really dismayed me, why would anyone want to intentionally put someone's life at risk?! Horrific!

Also (i'm sure i'm gonna rile some people up by saying this) I don't get the attraction of going and sitting in the Hallam Arena to watch the 'Fireworks Spectacular'. It sounds like the most soulless event. Personally, I can't wait to wrap up warm and go and stand around a bonfire with my treacle toffee and mulled wine. *Ahhh*

On that note, can anyone recommend a bonfire in the Nether Edge / Abbeydale area?

Thanks ;)

Personally i think they should ban dogs. You can't enjoy the great silence between airbombs and rockets with these horrible little things barking and making a noise till all hours. Last bonfire night i even managed to get my hand horribly soiled by doggy poop as i placed my 100 shot airbomb repeater in the ground.

I love fireworks, but I don't see the appeal in flinging them around the streets, at passersby and each other. I don't see the fun of setting fire to as many wheely bins as you can find either...I must be getting old.

I don't understand why they sell them to kids either.

No! but the braindead thickies of Sheffield do!

Sheffield has been like Iraq / Beirut, for a long time. Look at the Parkway, Wicker, West Bar. Its like a warzone and development is too slow. Not to mention the gun war fare thats now going on. All we need is some suicide bombers and we are proper havin it like Iraq.........

Yep

What do you mean about "white slaves"..........:huh:

Had a load of fireworks go off round longley tonight real loud bangs.