Anyone from Hyde Park Flats?

caronlel

The one at the end of Hyde Park Walk nearest the Salvation Army was The Earl Francis, I think.

Correctimundo! And the Earl George IIRC was the one on the shops on Park Hill

(thePHF had four pubs, The Link, The Parkway, The Scottish Queen and the Earl George, HPF had The Samuel Plimsoll, The Crow's Nest, The Target, and the Park Gardeners Club, with the Earl Francis sort of a little way away, off the flats complex)

hi new to forum. reading about Hyde Park brings back memories. I lived on their from 1980 till we was moved off for the student games. I worked in the Samual Plimsoll pub for a few years and was involved in the junior club and playscheme in the community centre for several years. My husband worked in the betting shop and ran a junior football club on the estate

I lived on Dacre, I don't think I know any body from Bungay. Having said that my memory will probably be playing tricks at the moment:(

I've got to say i do love this thread cus it's brought back things i haven't thought of for years, like standing under the outlets from the laundrette which were on High Pavement, a big gang of us keeping warm in winter

first time on here its a site my wife uses .

im also of hyde park 64/76 lived on chequers no54 then moved on to boundary rd wybourn my mum&dad still live on skye edge .

i went to st johns then on to hurlfield about 77/81

reading some of the threads brought back some good memoires

thanks very much to all.

mark

I went to Hurlfield school from '78. I remember we used to get on the bus outside the New Inn. Or if we were skiving that day, just nip round the corner where the parents couldn't see us.

I remember the truant officer was called Mr Caine. How very appropriate!!

I grew up on Hyde Park Flats - lived there from 1970 and moved off in 1988 because they were being emptied for the Student Games. I also went to St. Johns CofE on Manor Oaks Road which is now sadly a burned out shell :(

my uncle and cousins lived there in seventies think it was chancell row name of waterhouse

Archived