P45 help

i left my old job on 16th feb and have still not been sent my P45 or final wage slip i have been asking for it on a weekly basis and getting a different excuse each week why i have not got it now they said they posted it weeks ago. im sure they are witholding becuse they messed up big time on my comission any ideas how i can go about getting it?

thanks

This may help. My bolding.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/life/tax/pay_as_you_earn_common_problems.htm

Leaving a job

If you leave your job - either voluntarily, through dismissal, redundancy or because you retire - the employer should give you a Form P45. The P45 gives details of your employer's tax office, your employer’s tax reference number, your tax code and the total amount of pay and tax deducted during the current tax year. If tax has been deducted on the emergency code, the P45 will have an X in the box marked week 1 or month 1 and there will not be any details of pay or tax.

Form P45 is in four parts. Part 1 will be kept by your old employer who will give the other parts to you. Part 1A is for you to keep safely as your record of pay and tax taken off. Parts 2 and 3 are for your new employer if you start to work again.

If your employer fails to give you a P45 after being asked to do so, you should contact your tax office as they may encourage your employer to issue a P45. If your employer cannot be persuaded, a new employer will ask you to complete a P46 form which allows your new employer to deduct tax on an emergency code until the right amount of tax to be deducted is worked out.

If you claim Jobseeker’s Allowance or contributory Employment and Support Allowance, you will have to give the P45 to the Jobcentre Plus office. If you start work again before the end of the tax year, Jobcentre Plus will give you a P45U or P45ESA which include details of the taxable benefit you have received as well as the normal P45 details.

If you leave at the very end of the tax year, you should be given a P45 on leaving and, by 31 May, a P60.