The proposed Network Rail development at Woodhouse

Well said Beighton Babe im also from Beighton and would have welcomed the jobs with open arms, employment that would pay well unlike the lowpaid call centres that open all over the place Dont Vote LIBERAL OR LABOUR they only look after the benefit cheats, scroungers old wihgers and rich forget the acerage working class person

old wingers that should be

Simply amazing. You would think by this topic that the people in favour of the development had been doing all the campaigning by the reaction of supporters of the development on this forum since the news was broken last Thursday of Network's decision to withdraw their application.

Campaigners against the application have simply taken in the news and simply felt relieved that we won't have this eyesore in our midst without crowing about our VICTORY.

The phrase sore losers comes to mind.

Just goes to show what people power can do via campaigning in a peaceful fashion.

And the wreck that is there now isn't an eyesore! As one of many people who were for the development, i calmly spoke to councillors and wrote to planning ... Without, i repeat, without resorting to scare tactics and lies! I have had to call 101 on 3 occasions to get fire brigade out to deal with burning cars here.lets hope protesters sort this now.. I have had enough. Not sore .. Jus dignified!

Those people who led the so called victory parade already had a another gripe against Network Rail in alledgedly blaming them for flooding onto their properties and simply used other people who dont even live within the area to support their gripe as for the eyesore i dont see Veolio tip being a great view nor the new factory units built upon the former Beighton tip that will just bring more 44tonne trucks into the area. As for your green belt dont think for one minute that Network Rail are about to build you some sort of green paradise for your benefit, the land which is a valuable commodity will be sold to some property developer or for more industrial units, the company is not there for your benefit to provide you with a nature reserve, as for the wildlife forget that when more houses are eventually built upon it

Quite right Beighton babe there were more lies spoke about this development then anything i had heard before, the only reason you won is because Network Rail should have waited while after the local elections as Betts only changed his mind in case he lost his easy lifestyle

Once again you haven't let me down and HAVE just come back exactly how I expected you to.

WE STOPPED THEM IN THEIR TRACKS!

Strangely enough you have responded exactly how we expected you to! Looking forward though to loads of 'local' input in the numerous charity and community projects thats around.. And i dont just mean only the 50 or so managed to be scraped together for the 'victory' photo shoot and yes cheers for 'stopping progress .. In its tracks' !

Quite right Beighton babe there were more lies spoke about this development then anything i had heard before, the only reason you won is because Network Rail should have waited while after the local elections as Betts only changed his mind in case he lost his easy lifestyle

Sorry to correct you Lirta, but Clive Betts is the local MP NOT a councillor/candidate standing in the local elections on May 1st!

Whilst Clive was initially in favour of the jobs that the National Engineering Centre would have brought to the area, he took on board the concerns of the local community and has worked hard to get the changes and modifications they and he sought to the NEC.

In this case "you're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't".

local Mp makes it better especially with this corrupt labour mob in charge of our country and how you as working class can stick up for a labour goverment who believe in abolishing the 10p in the £ tax for the poorist paid and sing his praises and as for concearns of the local community DONT MAKE ME LAUGH at the most there were no more than a handful of people for any photo call be it from the leader or the star, and most of the support were dragged up from areas that could not even see the development from where they lived such as woodhouse mill and beyond

you may have won a battle but you have not won the war because like I said Network Rail are not in the buisness of providing you lot with a green oasis and if they cannot do anything with the land because of a handful of objectors than they will sell the land to the highest bidder and someone else will build upon it

so what I suggest is you get yourself's back to the beauty shop on the junction of Woodhouse Lane/Rotherham Road ready for you next campaign and photo shoot, YOU WILL NEED IT because one day the land will be built on, it's about time people protested about real things in this country such as immigration, rising taxes and crime