35 hour working week fund???

hello

does anyone remember paying into a fund (at work, it was nationwide) on a weekly basis, it was paid to union shop stewards and was either £4 or £2 depending on whether skilled or otherwise, the fund was upto 12million quid and from memory, about half of it was paid out to workers that had to go on strike to get a reduced working week.

i remembered what it was called- DRIVE FOR THIRTY FIVE,i never did find out what became of the other six million quid that was left over:(,

i recall that some of the interest from the fund was used (without permission) to refurbish some union offices and that it had to be paid back into the fund by that union.

i'm wondering what happened to the residue as, a workmate used to always ask about it at meetings and was always stubbed out and ignored:(

so, maybe someone has become rich at all of the contributors expense, i don't know but nothing was ever made public to the people that paid in to it:mad::mad:

john:roll:

sorry heyesy i don't understand your question?:)

john:)

It's a rhetorical question. Politics is always corrupt; where there is a large fund of money, there will be people creaming it off. It's at least as true of trade unions as of any other branch of politics.

It's a rhetorical question. Politics is always corrupt; where there is a large fund of money, there will be people creaming it off. It's at least as true of trade unions as of any other branch of politics.

ahhhh, gotcha, i must have my 'thickie' head on today:D:D

cheers, john:)

Archived