Sign in to follow this  

Prams at Meadowhall

Originally posted by limpetboy

Amen to that. IMO:

- Shopping centres should have lanes, one for old people, one for people pushing things, one for people who don't fall in to either of the first two categories, and a system of crossings should be introduced, along with a full pedestrian highway code. Pedestrian wardens should patrol the shopping centres issuing on the spot fines for anyone transgressing the rules contained within The Pedestrian Highway Code.

:hihi:

Limpetboy just about had it then! Meadowhell should have road lanes painted on the floors with give way junctions, parking spaces next to shops and a fast lane down the middle for none pushchair/wheelchair users.

Lifts should be reserved for wheelchair/pushchair use ONLY! And anyone who contravenes the 'People Traffic Regulations Act' gets pulled over by the lane police and shown the nearest exit.

Also, the lane police will have priority over the fast lanes when the light on their helmets is flashing.

On Sunday evenings, they should have a 'racing night only' whereby only the people, pushchairs and wheelchairs that can travel continuously above 5mph (unless within a shop) are allowed to shop...

I have been a victim of maniac wheelchair driving in Hell and was lucky not to lose a leg as a result! (Okay so it was only a scratch but it could have been much, much worse!)

Originally posted by royjames

Bloody prams are a pain in the arse you can't get past them no matter how you try,yes we ought to have a pram free day and then those of us who dont have all day to shop can get in and out quickly.

If you want to pass have you ever tried the saying "excuse me"! Ive got twins in a pram and although I am very curteous to other people if someone doesnt show me the same respect... yes I ram them!! Men especially think its a race in M'hall I understand the majority of men dont like shopping but they do not have to think of the prams as hurdles, therefore you jump over the front of my pram you get rammed! Hope to see you all in M'HELL!

Originally posted by Briano

I have been a victim of maniac wheelchair driving in Hell and was lucky not to lose a leg as a result! (Okay so it was only a scratch but it could have been much, much worse!)

I walk quite fast, and was overtaken by an electric wheelchair yesterday just by Argos. Time for speed cameras methinks :hihi:

I went at 6:30pm last night - place was empty and always is on a monday night - hence its the only time i go there. I got round for the 4 items i went to get in about an hour.

I know what a nightmare it can be shopping with a push chair as i have had children and one of mine uses a wheelchair .I dont go to meadowhall at weekend for the lack of space and car parking.If shops made better access and wider aisles it would help.I have had people step over the wheelchair as if its not there and my son is sat inside it. We have to wait to go in the lifts as people cant be bothered to use the stairs or escalators.People tut at you for getting in the way even though your trying your best not too and are polite and walk round saying sorry every two minutes to people.Its not the vehicles thats a problem but the lack of common courtesy other people dont give .