Excel parking lose contracts in Yorkshire

Just an update to my post dated 22/08/2007 regarding my daughters issue with Excel Parking. Following further correspondence and more threats and demands for payment from them I am happy to say Excel have now cancelled her parking charge.

So if anyone out there feel they have been unfairly treated by this Company stand your ground, don't give in to their threats.

Thanks for the support of other writers on this forum.

Kind Regards

Stainless

The case of the daughter of STAINLESS is the exception rather than the rule. She is so obviously in the right , whereas most other complainants had committed some demeanour no matter how trivial.

Oh ! What a joy it would have been to see it laughed out of court - and then for her to claim damages from Excel . Gosh I am almost wetting myself at the thought.

In reality ,of course, even Excel would not take a case to courtwhere they didn't have a leg to stand on.

I hope Vehicle Services goes the same way, if it already hasn't. They clamped me at the Northern General some years ago - when there were no warning signs displayed. The stupid ble--i-g patrol man accused my 76 years old Father (Who had just had a prostate operation, the reason why we were there - for him to have a post op check) of climbing a tree and taking the 'No Parking' sign down. I do so hope that patrol man is out of work, and his fame goes before him.

I Have Just Been Fined £60 For Not Displaying A Payed Sticker In The Broomhill Car Park,i Have Emailed Them And Told Them To Go To Hell.they Tried This A Year Ago With Me.just A Bunch Of Gangsters...beware!

Were you displaying a sticker though? To be honest I stopped shopping in Brommhill since they started charging anyway - the ultimate way to avoid the stress of dodgy tickets!

I Have Just Been Fined £60 For Not Displaying A Payed Sticker In The Broomhill Car Park,i Have Emailed Them And Told Them To Go To Hell.they Tried This A Year Ago With Me.just A Bunch Of Gangsters...beware!

Why would you contact them at all?Ignore them,they WILL go away.

they send you a ****ty letter.If I was an old pensioner it would not be nice..The last one they sent me I told them to take me to court...they didnt.

Anyway I always pay and display there,its only 50p....this country is going down the pan...big brother watchin you!

Excel is run by a bunch of complete and utter rogues.

My wife parked at Broomhill and inadvertently keyed in one of the numbers from the reg. plate incorrectly.

Small innocent error that wasn't spotted at the time. Like others we got the very official looking letter with the demand for 60 pounds. Although we had retained the ticket and sent them a copy as proof of payment , they are still demanding the fine - six months and eight separate letters later.

Excel's stance in the correspondence has varied over time, so far we have been informed that the charge is justified because we owe them for their admin costs, wasting their time (?!) and it's possible that a car with a plate bearing the number my wife keyed in was also parked at Broomhill that day! - what are the chances of that happening and us having their ticket?.

I have now written to them informing them that if I hear from them again then I will be taking action against Excel under the Protection for Harrassment Act. Also written to Blackwells and Somerfield explaining why I no longer use their Broomhill shops, ok they probably have little say in the matter, but ultimately I expect they can put pressure on the landlord to get shot of this shower.

is this the parking company thats been robbing us all at the retail park. i hope so serves them right.