Anyone live in Coode House?

Im currently living in coode house,

Personaly i think its a great location, just on the edge of the city centre. In a nice quiet area.

I know the place got flooded, and there is still work currently being carried out in the lobby, i also understand that the contractors are extremely busy due to this as they are also tring to sort out the IM buildings, the other riverside exchange complex and the 2 new home office buildings that are curently being built.

But three weeks ago, some numnut decided to try and put a breeze block through the loby window, and was unsuccessful, but managed to smash it up pretty well. Still nothing has been done about this matter.

Wen trying to rent out a property, i can explain about the flood damage. But not about that. It represents that it is an usafe environment to live there. Which is not the case.

I have rang the maintance company twice to get it resloved, and they have told me that they would get back to me (which they havent). I can understand that carpet fitters, Joiners etc are in high demand at the moment, but not window fitters.

I was wondering if anyone else had chased this up.

As Owners, we all pay an maintance fee ....

Wow, I'm really sorry I'm bringing such a dead thread back to life - but the forum recommended it.

So basically, all things going to plan, me and my boyfriend will be moving into Coode house (rented) in about 3 weeks or so. Obviously there are things you can't really check for in a viewing so I thought I'd ask here before things came as a nasty shock later on.

- We don't know if everyone was just being quiet when we came for a look around, but I was just wondering how much noise travels between apartments and what the flats were like for letting in sounds from outside, like the traffic?

- Pets: We haven't come across anything in contracts or advertising saying no to pets yet, and were just wondering if small pets would be allowed (You know, the ones that are kept in cages)

Transport links: I work at the Hallamshire and was wondering if anyone was a wiz at bus routes and knew of any particular bus numbers that go by near the fire station museum (West bar, is it?)

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read :)

Lived there for a year. Really excellent, only moved to get to a slightly larger place (we were on the fourth floor, had a nice balcony).

Noise not an issue, can be a bit creaky when it's very windy. Flats work really well to live in, loads of light, right near Tesco Express/Fat Cat/Riverside pub.

For the Hallamshire the 52 from Waingate -> Children's Hospital or 40/120 High Street (HMV) -> Hallamshire.

Hope that helps!

Can you let me know how you get on in Coode House McGeezle in say 6 months or so. I have been thinking of buying one there to rent out. Good location for the home office and Irwin Mitchells.

I agree with everything in this thread but would advise caution on the small pet front because although there may be nothing in the tenancy agreement there is a restriction in the lease of the apartment. Always better to check first because those small ones in cages can sometimes escape!

Retired I have sent you a PM

I'll be sure to let you know retired.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Arrgh, sorry to double post but I've just thought of another question.

Would anyone happen to know when Coode house was built? Or where I can find out this information? I need this to apply for contents insurance :blush:

Hi bit late I know but Coode was completed in June 2005

Hi

I'm considering buying a flat in Coode House, Millsands. Does anyone have any experience of living there? What are you thoughts?

Best wishes to all.

C

Hi,

I lived there for 5 years and personally enjoyed my time there (have only moved as got married and started a family). It was ideal for me as a single female and I always felt safe within the building. It was very convenient for town especially as I didn't have a car for most of my time living there. Parking is probably one of the only downsides as most of the flats do not have parking spaces, however there are lots of carparks nearby- I used the multi storey next door for several months using their off peak car parking permit (around £30 a month).

There was the occasional issue with noise from the neighbours which I suppose is going to happen in most city centre living developments.

For the last year and a half I also managed to rent the flat out easily (although it has recently just sold), so it was good as a long term investment.

If you have any other specific questions, please feel free to ask and I will try and answer where possible

Hi

Thanks for your reply. These are really useful insights for me. As I'm single, its good to know you felt safe there, and I've been wondering just how valuable a parking space is, even though I don't have a car! One of the flats for sale has a parking space and the other doesn't, so probably worth prioritising the one with parking.

Thanks again