Opinions on Big Brother Type Cameras.

George Orwell 1984

Actually the OP was Celestial 2007.

Actually the OP was Celestial 2007.

Sorry not following ya?

I rang Matalan up the other week to see if I can exchange something without a receipt. She asked why I don't have a receipt, I said I didn't think they gave me one. She asked what time I was there so I estimated it, and she told me I did have a receipt. She then went on to tell me which hand it was passed into, that I put it in my bag, in the pocket on the inside left front, and what colour my purse inside my bag was! I was quite freaked out that they can see so closely! Shoplifters beware :hihi:

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

If you paid by card, then you don't need a receipt..

I actually didn't pay at all, jobcentre gave me £20 for interview clothes, a Matalan invoice... So when I couldn't find a receipt I just guessed that you don't get one, to prevent returns or something

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Does these make you feel more secure, for if anything bad happened to you/anyone it would be on camera, and later followed up.

The more cameras the better for this very reason.

Or do you think there's too much of it,

The more the better for me.

and that it invades your privacy.

I dont see how its an invasion of privacy when they're only out in public places.

Personally,I think if you do nothing wrong, then there's nothing you've got to hide. I think it's good that some people are keeping an eye on everything, just as long as they don't take advantage of it!

My sentiments exactly.

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that someone is actually watching those cameras all the time, and will see everything we do - which is so blatantly stupid that it barely warrants an explanation.

Anything that means things are on record and can be proven, can only be good.

Exactly......