Which is the worst boozer? (poll)

Out of these, which is worst?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these, which is worst?

• Prince of Wales Eccy Road South (No atmosphere)
    • Cherry Tree (Decor and customers both ancient)
    • Highcliffe (Chav haven, full of Scum)
    • The Lescar (Dogs on Strings, smells)
    • The Robin Hood, Millhouses. (No character.)
    • The Vine (Full of Scum, filthy, smells)

How much trade experience do you have?

I have bags of it, which gives my opinion credibility.

Worked in pubs and clubs for quite a few years. Not that that matters one bit. I'm speaking as a punter and surely that's who opinion matters.

You really are up yourself, aren't you?

...and this gives you the right to come onto the Forum and badmouth local pubs and the people who run them? You're relatively new to SF Elbuggero - what's your hidden agenda here?

I have no agenda, just using the forum as a duiscussion tool. If I step out of line, I'm sure the Mods will give me a nudge to behave myself.

I am out of the trade, and am a civil servant now, so no agenda I can assure you. :)

Do you currently run a pub?? I guess not, I imagine if you ever did it closed due to lack of custom. I don't think I would want to drink in a pub ran by the likes of you!

Wow, thats a bit harsh, but each to their own I guess.

BTW, I was a very sucessful publican, and became an area manager, then a consultant for a well known brewery on a 100K+ salary, so I DO know my stuff cheers. :loopy:

I resent being called scum because I drink from time to time in a couple of pubs you have put on the list, I'm a reasonably bright and articulate. What makes you think I'm scum?

Both pubs I've mentioned are important to Sheffield's music scene along with places like The Grapes, The Rutland and The Washington.

I resent being called scum because I drink from time to time in a couple of pubs you have put on the list, I'm a reasonably bright and articulate. What makes you think I'm scum?

Both pubs I've mentioned are important to Sheffield's music scene along with places like The Grapes, The Rutland and The Washington.

I apologise to anyone who feels I have labelled them scum. Obviously not ALL the customers in there are scum, but there certainly that element in there.

i also resent being called trampy, especially,when it wasnt even fair to call my behaviour trampy.

im a big fan of the rutland and the washy too, although i think i prefer the beer garden at the rutland.

x

I apologise to anyone who feels I have labelled them scum. Obviously not ALL the customers in there are scum, but there certainly that element in there.

What do you mean by scum? as I said I've been drinking in there for over 20 years but the people you see as scum are more than likely myself and my friends and many members of Sheffield Forum who drink in both pubs that I know of.

Well maybe someone like Elburgero doesn't get the chance to go to the pub much, as i cant imagine someone like him brings the evening very much uplifting conversation!!

Well maybe someone like Elburgero doesn't get the chance to go to the pub much, as i cant imagine someone like him brings the evening very much uplifting conversation!!

What? Thats a bit childish. I'm new here, is that why people are picking on me?

No its because your being so negative on such a sunny day. The sun is shining lighten up!

Wow, thats a bit harsh, but each to their own I guess.

BTW, I was a very sucessful publican, and became an area manager, then a consultant for a well known brewery on a 100K+ salary, so I DO know my stuff cheers. :loopy:

So your the reason so many pubs have been turned into awful chain clones. It all makes sense now.

What? Thats a bit childish. I'm new here, is that why people are picking on me?

Because you come across as a pompus tw*t and I don't think it's just for the forum. Either your a troll or you are who you seem!