Can you stop a parcel in transit?

I was wondering if you could stop a parcel in transit that was sent via royal mail using their standard parcel service which has no tracking or anything?

Cheers :D

I'd say no - I think it is the property of Liz until it is delivered and anything else is stealing.

Speaking of which, the other possibility I'd suggest is sit outside the intended recipient's house (depending on the circumstances) and nochalently wander up and take the parcel off the postie when he tries to deliver it, pretending you're the recipient.

The only reason i ask is because i bought an item off someone on ebay and they are being funny with me and saying that they are going to stop the parcel in transit and get it sent back to them so i have to wait longer to get the item but IIRC you can't call back items sent via standard delivery can you, if it was sent via royal mail recorded or special delivery then you might be able to!

mmmmmm, well i do not think you can call back parcels that are sent that way, i may be wrong though.

I don't think anyone could wait for the postie outside my house and pretending to be the recipient, the posties know me and the rest of my family well so i don't think they would hand parcels over to anyone else, plus having 3 cctv camera's on the front of my house overlooking the garden, road and my front door etc comes in handy lol!