Stagecoach taking over midland mainline

What if you get up late?

you pay through the nose as usual

you pay through the nose as usual

bring back regulation i say, all these franchise changes mean is you pay more for less, it's not the staffs fault all they do is follow orders like the rest of us,

does seem strange tho' that s/c have won the contract from m/l given the fact that m/l have the been proven time after time to be the only rail service to consistently run on time, and gorden brown himself ( following a frecent journey from sheff' to london) commented how good the service was on ml,

i guess you don't have to be good at what you do, you are judged by how well you kiss a**e

acording to press release tey're intoducing megabus(owned by stagecoach) fares to the trains so if your up early you might get a £1 ticket. bet there aren't many

bet they're not available when you want one, sheff to london for a quid, good lord we'd all be down there at that price.

god bless free trade :gag:

bet they're not available when you want one, sheff to london for a quid, good lord we'd all be down there at that price.

god bless free trade :gag:

at least dick turpin wore a face mask when he robbed people, don't think s/c or first do , but yet they rob us with government approval :loopy:

If they make the trains cheaper to use - great.

but they won't have read they're press realise and they are already commited to fares increase's and they don't take over the franchise 'til nov' :gag::gag::gag:

[quote=louise2395;2365721

Personally I'd rather pay less and take the extra 12 mins sat on the train :rolleyes
:[/

you and me both , and i use the rail network a helluve a lot

I say give them a chance. The Southwest Franchise which they run and I used to use a lot was good, someone already mentioned the megatrain offer which was widely used.

Also, theyve done a good job with the busses round here, and lets face it, who would you rather be in charge of our trains? First (god help us) or Stagecoach? I reckon this is good news, good luck to em.

HAVING JUST SAID THAT...

I say give them a chance. The Southwest Franchise which they run and I used to use a lot was good, someone already mentioned the megatrain offer which was widely used.

Also, theyve done a good job with the busses round here, and lets face it, who would you rather be in charge of our trains? First (god help us) or Stagecoach? I reckon this is good news, good luck to em.

HAVING JUST SAID THAT...

personally i'd have let sleeping dogs lie, better the devil you know etc,

i've travelled sheff' to london a lot on mml , many many, times and have always found their staff courteous and helpful, their trains (more or less) have arrived and departed according to schedule, for me personally speaking, this latest change is change for the sake of change and not necasserily for the better

What a choirboy?:hihi:

no the vicar always beat him to one ;) ;):hihi::hihi:

What a choirboy?:hihi:

totally unrelated and i'll most probebly get my dannies smacked but what the hell,

a young verger taking his first confession ,ask's a choirboy what the vicar usually gives for a blow job, the choirboy innocently answers, 2 mars bars & as kit- kat sir and goes on his way. :gag:

£7 singles, a thing of the past methinks? Nothing good lasts!

If the service is branded as a Stagecoach service, they may brand certain carriages at certain times of the day as 'megatrain.com', which they have done on their South West Trains franchise. In this case, seats start at £1 + 50p booking fee.

[/url]

What exactly makes you think First would be worse?