Who Remembers The Wapentake?

hihi: Shar :wave:

Once again sorry I missed you when you were in sheffield last week.:sad: We'll def have to try to meet up not that i remember you very well but the name shar does ring a bell :huh:( sommat about green hair sort of started bells ringing) but obviously if you knew Eric. Jack Martin, Joy and bambi ( little Ann) you know me but how well is another story.

I've sort of gained in confidence since I had my nose altered so you maybe in fer a suprise I may not be the same quiet jackie you remember :heyhey:

I don't really look that much different I'm still well into:headbang:ing but these days i do more listening rather than actually doing unless I''m at a concert or out n about with my mates then it sort of all comes back, :roll:: wham bam thank you ma!!!!am a few drinkies later :wink:n i'm away.

Any way shar got to go its breakfast time fer me so i'll say cheerio for now n see you (You'll have to come up to me tho n say hi ) next time you in Sheffield till then keep well and happy cheers:wave: jackie

I used to frequent the Wap form 1973 to 1981 when I left for Canada.

I also worked for a short time behind the bar, (I was spending so much time and money down there that I thought I may as well get paid for it).

My most vivid memories were,

1. Tuesday nights when they would play music from one band for about 1 1/2 hours. side after side.

2. The night of the Lynryd skynryd crash. Walked in, didn't know what had happened and see so many people, both male and female crying there hearts out. Played nothing but them all night.

3. Winter nights on Friday and Saturday freezing waiting to get in. Sometimes up to 1 hour. After about a year when the bouncers new you as a regular you got walk in.

4. Meeting all my friends down in the bottom left hand corner. (zoot, John and Jane, the scots, Rab, Mary, Davie the bus driver, Mary).

Oh what memories.

Me I was living in Dronfield until 1979, then got a flat on Clarkegrove road.

hihi: Shar :wave:

Once again sorry I missed you when you were in sheffield last week.:sad: We'll def have to try to meet up not that i remember you very well but the name shar does ring a bell :huh:( sommat about green hair sort of started bells ringing) but obviously if you knew Eric. Jack Martin, Joy and bambi ( little Ann) you know me but how well is another story.

I've sort of gained in confidence since I had my nose altered so you maybe in fer a suprise I may not be the same quiet jackie you remember :heyhey:

I don't really look that much different I'm still well into:headbang:ing but these days i do more listening rather than actually doing unless I''m at a concert or out n about with my mates then it sort of all comes back, :roll:: wham bam thank you ma!!!!am a few drinkies later :wink:n i'm away.

Any way shar got to go its breakfast time fer me so i'll say cheerio for now n see you (You'll have to come up to me tho n say hi ) next time you in Sheffield till then keep well and happy cheers:wave: jackie

Hi Jackie - I'm on my way back to Sheff again tonight so I may well see you over the weekend.

I won't have internet access from there but will make a note of where you said you'll usually be found!

:hihi:bishop

You just found this thread or what :huh:.

I've been on it since march :P n i've got in touch with quite a few people from way back when. And yes it has bought a lot of memories back:) n those freezing night queing to get in the wop and penthouse / Rebels as it became known a few years later:love:d those places and went in fer many years till i got married in 84

I'm sorry I don't recognise the name bishop but i do remember the names scottish davie. rab , zoot, n mary vaguely.

Did you by any chance know a howie and smeg both from dronefield they used to come to the penthouse on a friday and saturday night regularly If you do you probably know me as well cheers:wave:

:sad: Soz sha

You most def won't see me this weekend as I will be in Blackpool with the ladies darts team having a dirty weekend away:wink:

You know what i mean fun drink n laughter. so we'll have to meet up next time you in Sheffield.

You might see martin in the Sportsman or Frog n Parrot sat afternoon / early evening you could try Dove n Rainbow back of Argos on Angel St if you really want to meet up wiv him (but don't know how his girlfriend will take it as apparently she's a bit of the jealous type she don't like girls talking to him ) Mart don't go out much at night these days coz he's up most mornings very early for work. Eric n jack Will be in The Swim Glossop Rd on sat afternoon about 4.00 but we'll have to give it a miss again this time round :cry

So have fun n don't forget Nelson' Sportsman are the places to go if you want to reunite with any old friends. See you next time you in Sheffield Sha later jackie:wave:

Soz Sha

Did you say tonight to where coming to Sheffield. :D If you said tonight I'll be around until Thursday night. :) I'm playing darts tomoz night in Ecclesfield at The Phoenix so if if you stopping around there call in n you never know we might meet up.:thumbsup: Otherwise possibly The Grapes (late on if ? we my mum n me manage to get back before 11.00) :wave:jackie

I hardly ever had to stand outside as I became quite well known and so could go past, wave at the bouncers and they'd let me in. Can't imagine why this happened as it was usually only the leggy pretty girls who got this privilege.

I hardly ever had to stand outside as I became quite well known and so could go past, wave at the bouncers and they'd let me in. Can't imagine why this happened as it was usually only the leggy pretty girls who got this privilege.

thats all the glamrockers then :)

errrrrrrrrrrrm

*gets coat*

I'm thinking more of the sight of tight usually really tight jeans or for the more daring incredibly short skirts and way before glam rock became all the rage. I've got friends who went down the eye liner and lycra leggings look with ankle boots [and this was the guys] Whether male or female you really need a good figure/legs to get away with lycra.

Sharbarker:hihi:

Don't know if you knew Andy Bownes but I'm sorry to say he passed away on 29th December 07 went to his funeral in Jan n I still Can't believe he is no longer with us :sad:

I remember Andy, A friend in Sheffield told me he had died and that there was a bit of a cofuffle at the funeral as his parents were jovhas witness.

Went to a few parties with him. He was a good friend of one of my ex's Althea Hinchcliffe.

Sorry I have not been on in a while (well once only). :loopy: I know

(are you Chris ) :hihi: bishop :wave:

Yep there was quite a cofuffle on that day it was horrendous one of the worst days of my life ever :gag: :gag: No fighting just black looks from andy's family all the way thro

Never known owt like it n i've been to a few funerals in recent years. n all of em celebrated my friends lives. the friends they had made n wot they'd done to enjoy their lives to the full.

That was def one of the worst. shan't be going to any more jehovah witness funerals

The family sat on one side of the church n all his mates (me included sat at the other.) Two of us even walked out in disgust because of what was said

by the preacher

Not one good word was said about andy all the way thro n what should have been a celebration of his life ended up as a condemnation of andy and how he chose to live his life. All they concentrated on was the fact that he drunk a lot n all of the diseases he had Drunkeness, sloth. lust etc etc how much he'd sinned and how he'd be waiting for his ressurection

Nowt was said about the friends who would miss him or the good he did.:huh:

Or the fact that he bought joy & laughter to all of his friends .:hihi:

What more can I say really apart from the fact that fer a while we had something special betwen us :love:d him as a natter of fact tho i never told him n we sort of drifted apart.

I shall miss him for a long time n tho I hadn't seen him for a number of yars I was there fer him at the end n iwas trying to get in touch with him just a few weeks before hand anyway got to go catch ya later:wave: jackie