Starting a typing service

Hi

I'm new to the Forum and would like to say hello to you all. I'm a fully trained secretary with 25 years experience and am thinking of working from home providing a typing service. Does anyone have any experience in this area and if so can you give me some tips and info re charges, best way to do this? Thanks.

:help:

Hi

I'm new to the Forum and would like to say hello to you all. I'm a fully trained secretary with 25 years experience and am thinking of working from home providing a typing service. Does anyone have any experience in this area and if so can you give me some tips and info re charges, best way to do this? Thanks.

:help:

Hi, I would suggest looking round the web as if you were going to buy such a service and get some ideas if/what other people are doing.

Also, what is going to differentiate you from the million and one other secretarys with 25 years experience?

Software is so cheap and easy to use these days

We have just celebrated our 5th year in business and we have been where you are...

PM is you want to discuss offline

I ran a Secretarial Service business from home for around three years starting in 1992. My children were primary and pre-school age at that time and I could work around them which suited everyone. I had loads of work and a number of regular customers - in fact at times I took on more work than I really wanted, although the money came in very handy. I do think it would be more difficult starting such a business today - most people have computers or at least access to one so you might struggle to find the customers. Having said that if you do decide to go ahead then I wish you all the best.

Archived