Any golfers on here ?

Out on the golf course with his wife, the husband says, "Twenty years ago I had a brief affair. It meant nothing. I hope you can forgive me."

His wife was hurt but said, "Dearest, those days are long gone. What we have now is far more valuable. I forgive you." They embraced and kissed, and everything was fine until they got to the seventeenth tee.

As the husband was starting his back swing, his wife blurted out, "I'm sorry darling, I've been so conscience-stricken since you told me your news. Since we're being honest with each other, I have something to tell you also: 32 years ago I had a sex change operation. I was a man before I met you. I hope you can forgive me."

The husband froze at the top of his back swing, then threw a fit. He slammed the driver into the ground, kicked the ball into the woods, stormed off the tee, pushed the golf cart over on its side, broke his clubs one by one, then started on hers.

He screamed and ranted, "You liar! You cheat! You despicable deceiver! How could you? I trusted you with all my heart and soul... and all these years you've been playing off the ladies tees."

Id love to get into golf, ive only played a few holes, but visit the driving range with my Dad because he's quite good and into it. I have a putter :) - not all that useful on a range, and he has a 7 Iron.

What driving range do you go to ?

Id love to get into golf, ive only played a few holes, but visit the driving range with my Dad because he's quite good and into it. I have a putter :) - not all that useful on a range, and he has a 7 Iron.

Be interested to know what you shot over those few holes with just a putter! ;)

Seriously tho, I started out with a £8 Jaguar 7 iron from Suggs Sport and spent my evenings after school hitting a pocketfull of golf balls round the local school playing fields, making up 'holes' (from one tree to another etc).

Unfortunately you wouldn't get away with this these days (haven't ball games been banned from school playing fields? :suspect: ).

My best advice to do.... spend a number of sessions down the driving range with whatever clubs you can borrow. Go with someone who knows the rudiments of the golf swing (basics of stance and grip). If you like it go buy a cheap second hand set of clubs (or even a half set), and go get 2 or 3 lessons from a pro (the one at the driving range will do). Then progress on to a pitch and putt before trying your hand at an 18 holer. Oh, and get hold of a copy of the rules and read 'em ;)

My best advice not to do.... buy a brand new set of clubs, bag, trolley, shoes etc.. waltz down to your local 18 holer and try to shoot a score. I've seen numerous mates adopt this approach and it almost always ends in disillusionment and more expense as they try to buy the latest kit in a futile effort to lower their score.

Best of luck :thumbsup:

... and just to let you know what awaits you if you do take up the sport...

I was gross +1 after 7 holes today at Bondhay (with a force 8 gale blowing - no mean feat), and putting like God. I then couldn't keep it out of the trees and proceeded to lose 5 shots on the 8th & 9th :roll:

The rest of the round descended into mediocrity :rolleyes:

But you know what, it ain't the last 11 holes I'll be thinking of as I fall asleep tonight.... that 210 yrd drop 'n' stop approach to 2 yards on the 5th was sweeeet, even if I say so myself..... :cool: