Inexpensive but good food near West Street?

bearteacher

My friend from Taiwan will visit me and I would like to bring her to eat out near the Sheffield U.

Fish & chips and curry sound nice for her to taste something british. We are both students so can afford to eat in expensive restaurants. Our budget is not exceeding 10 pounds per head per meal.

Please suggest us some restaurants or shops to eat or take away, especially for fish&chips and curry.

We don't plan to travel for a meal, so prefer to eat near the Sheffield U and west street.

Thanks a lot! :confused:

If you want a decent curry... jump in a cab and ask them to take you to Mangla... he'll know where it is and here's why i reckon it'd be good

Taxi there and back up to £8 (Black cab, you can get a private hire for cheaper)

Food.. free poppadoms and pickles, two curries, chapattis, rice etc... £10

Take your own booze or water there is free

Job done ;-)

There aren't many cheap curry houses in town. You need to head a but further a field i'm afraid

PS You could even jump on a bus... but i'm not sure which one tales you up to Spital Hill.. or back (help anyone?)

PS You could even jump on a bus... but i'm not sure which one tales you up to Spital Hill.. or back (help anyone?)

The 75 or 76 - which leave from Arundel Gate (by Crucible/opposite the old Roxys) go up past the Mangala and also the Kashmir (which is also good)

bearteacher...

I don't understand why you're limiting yourself to West St..

Get yourself out a bit further from the town centre!

A short bus ride away... up Glossop Rd and then towards Whitham... they're are loads of places for fish and chips.

Don't bother going for a curry there though Balti King is sh*t!

Archived