The all things tattoo megathread

thou art on chappel walk, I have had a couple done from there and they are fab!

I'm in the process of having one done there, really impressed up to now (only 10 hours to go ). Better than my others that were done at feline.

at thou art do you have to make an appointment before you go in for a tat or can you just pop in and get it done if someone's free?

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone has had an ambigram done in Sheffield, and if so, whereabouts and if they liked it?

I'm looking to have one on the back of my neck, and have been looking at some designs online and realise (depending on the word(s)) that some can be quite intricate.

I've found a couple of sites where they actually produce an ambigram for you to either download or be posted out, so a tattooist could then reproduce this, but was wondering if generally, tattooists can design these themselves.

Any thoughts appreciated!!

PS. Just thought as well, anyone who has had a neck tattoo, does it hurt??!! :confused:

nigel kurt,in barnsley though,but his work is amazing,just had a black and grey piece done by him,quality.

nigel kurt,in barnsley though,but his work is amazing,just had a black and grey piece done by him,quality.

Hi Shaner. Was your post meant for me? I think another thread has been merged so I'm not sure!

My wife is wanting a nice simple design with the letters J and B of our sons initials but not naff writing. Thanks.

irezumi tattoo,

pop in and have a look at the work on display, custom tattoo design

745 abbeydale rd

s7 2bg

Hi Every 1, im new to sheff forum and have been reading this megathread as i have just had a tattoo. I ended up going to Steel City on london road because i have had mates go there and they have been very happy with there work.

I seen afew negative comments from people on here (most turned out to be other tattoo shops- not good business practice) lol :hihi: Steel ciity has just reopened after a massive revamp, the studio is now upstairs and they have some amazing designs in. If you are thinking of having any work done i would strongly recomend them.

The shops been there over 20 years and with that kind of experience its no wonder im happy with mine.

First ever post over lol:hihi:

I had my first 2 done at Steel City, London Road. I was very happy with the first but not too impressed with the second. I went to Dragon Tatoos for the next as I'd seen the work there. I'm glad you're happy with what you've had done there but I'd need to know that it wasn't the same bloke before I went back for another. Makes no difference how good the place looks, it's the quality of work that matters. After all, you're wearing it for the rest of your life.

Gregg at the bottom of wadsly lane

I tried going to Gregg's but got confused and finished up with a steak bake tattooed on my left thigh and a chicken pasty on my right. Never again.

I had my first 2 done at Steel City, London Road. I was very happy with the first but not too impressed with the second. I went to Dragon Tatoos for the next as I'd seen the work there. I'm glad you're happy with what you've had done there but I'd need to know that it wasn't the same bloke before I went back for another. Makes no difference how good the place looks, it's the quality of work that matters. After all, you're wearing it for the rest of your life.

Sorry have to disagree with you there. ive had some done at steel city on london road and there work is amazing. Some of these other tattooists open and shut within a couple of years, hes been going for over 20 years so he has to be good.

Got to agree with jamie here. if your thinkin of a tattoo go to steel city im happy with mine and he will give you good advice which these other "ameuter" tattooists cannot.