Which were your favourite acts at the Mojo

Yeah know all them Talk soon cheers Tony

Were you at Richard Walsh's funeral a couple of months ago?? Frank Senior was there as was Smackers John Wragg John Leedham Little Paul, Fraz etc etc....place was crammed packed full....good send off

Think big Brett was there also....saw Brett a few weeks later at the Washington Pub Northern Soul do...he still goes to the Wheel!!

Lost height but put on weight!!

Cheers

Tony

I went to the Mojo just once to see a Hamburg group, The Rattles which I had already seen at the Esquire. This was about the time that the Beatles had been to Hamburg. I was scared of the Pitsmoor area (comments from my parents) and didn't stay late.

Hi Geoff I remember seeing the Steam Packet, not at the Mojo but at the Esquire. You are right about the three rows of benches. A few of us from school went to see The Hollies and queued up from early afternoon so that we could get to the front. We even took a picnic with us to keep us going. When the Mojo was about to open a long queue had formed and someone came out to tell us that The Hollies had broken down in their van. There was a delay for about an hour but when the doors were eventually opened we ran to the front for the benches. When The Hollies came on stage there was a surge to the front and the benches were pushed foreward. I fell to the floor and Alan Clarke picked me up. I was in 7th heaven! Those were the days.

Are you coming over later this year? I read on the Owler Lane thread that Glyn will be here in July/Aug. I am off to France for 5 weeks and won't be back until the 8th Aug. Hope to see you soon.

Hi Geoff I remember seeing the Steam Packet, not at the Mojo but at the Esquire. You are right about the three rows of benches. A few of us from school went to see The Hollies and queued up from early afternoon so that we could get to the front. We even took a picnic with us to keep us going. When the Mojo was about to open a long queue had formed and someone came out to tell us that The Hollies had broken down in their van. There was a delay for about an hour but when the doors were eventually opened we ran to the front for the benches. When The Hollies came on stage there was a surge to the front and the benches were pushed foreward. I fell to the floor and Alan Clarke picked me up. I was in 7th heaven! Those were the days.

Are you coming over later this year? I read on the Owler Lane thread that Glyn will be here in July/Aug. I am off to France for 5 weeks and won't be back until the 8th Aug. Hope to see you soon.

I think it took Alan Clarke some time to recover as well Moe. I also remember that Lorraine passed out at the Georgie Fame show as well. What a hardy lot you Owler Lane lasses were!

I hope to be back some time this year. Like an idiot, I have set up another company here which obviously takes all my time and has put me under so much pressure. At my age I should know better. I will stay in touch however with you all. I don't know where Phil's gone, maybe he's still in the dressing room?

Speak soon, Geoff

Hi, in the mid sixties my late husband used to manage a group called Mort Draygon and the Diamonds, they used to play at the Mojo at least one Saturday per month as a support group. Bernard used to drop the lads off at the Mojo and then we would go back to Pete Stringfellows house until we either came home to Halifax if they were playing very late, or we'd go down to the Mojo with Pete and collect the lads, does anyone remember the group, there were 5 of them. I remember one night Long John Baldry was playing there when they were playing, I can't really remember anyone else, (old age). Bernards son was the bass player in the group, sadly he was killed in a car crash in 1971. Would love to hear if anyone remembers.

Hi, in the mid sixties my late husband used to manage a group called Mort Draygon and the Diamonds, they used to play at the Mojo at least one Saturday per month as a support group. Bernard used to drop the lads off at the Mojo and then we would go back to Pete Stringfellows house until we either came home to Halifax if they were playing very late, or we'd go down to the Mojo with Pete and collect the lads, does anyone remember the group, there were 5 of them. I remember one night Long John Baldry was playing there when they were playing, I can't really remember anyone else, (old age). Bernards son was the bass player in the group, sadly he was killed in a car crash in 1971. Would love to hear if anyone remembers.

Which were your favourite acts at the Mojo ? I liked a lot of acts that I saw there e.g Georgie Fame,Geno Washington,Alan Bown Set,Graham Bond,Zoot Moneyand lots more!My favourite singer from that time though and his voice was just unbelievable was Billy [Fay Boy] Stewart ! What a waste of talent to have died so young ! Can anyone remember groups like Amboy Dukes ,Love and Confusion ? They say that if you lived through the Sixties ,you find it hard to remember them!I just know it was such an exciting era with something new happening every week!

John Mayall with Eric Clapton.

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 16:44 ----------

John Mayall with Eric Clapton.

I also saw The Who there, twice.