University of Sheffield Basketball Team Forum

I"ve posted a reply in the forum basketball team thread. I checked the weather out as well and the report I saw was for heavy rain unfortunately, you never know whether to believe them or not! Doesn't look too clever all week though. How many of us are there, 5 at the moment? If we end up playing then I'll need to know where I"m heading cos I don't know the area at all, if I could meet someone in the city that would be handy but no worries if not I'll sort it out. Being a local what are the indoor options Adam? Even if there was somewhere available I guess you would need 6 minimum to make it worth booking a court really? See what Steve thinks anyway, he's the boss :)

Im not the boss! haha! Well ok in uni time, doing uni team stuff yeah maybe but now i just wanna play same as everyone else:)

At home in Liverpool Ive been playing for about an hour every day training for the new season, and now that I have some responsibilty I want to cement my place in the uni starting 5.

I just hope everyone else puts similar practise to gain a really good standard for the team.

As for playing next week, Im up pretty much whatever the weather at King Edwards school Thurs 6pm - unless its heavy rain (coz then its just dangerous). Hope everyone is up for this too.

Jonsey: If you can get to Broomhill from town, 52 bus, I'l meet you outside Somerfield at 5:55pm and we'll walk down.

See you next week :D

Originally posted by party_boy

hey steve,

just wanted to give you props for settin up the uni site an organisin pretty much everythin for next year, outstanding! look foreward to seein everyon in september

peace

rich

ALL HAIL TEAM CAP!!!

Come term time party boy its your turn to take over & show everyone who's the daddy!

Im really looking forward to the new term, and the new season. Ive really been working on my game and now Ive actually got good ball handling skills, better shooting/passing but most of all ...... 2 coaching certificates which Im gonna (as promised) help some of the weaker members of the team on Sundays with their game. I think I'l be able to fill the void on the court left from Tom Hope leaving, but I hope we get some good talent coming through too.

All Ive go to do first is pass my two re-sit's and then were cooking on gas for next year! :(

Check out the uni notice board in the union too, also my handywork. :) Now u can do what you do best and plan our socials for next year!

Steve

Cheers for the e-mail about the meet Steve, only thing is according to BBC the next 5 days' weather will be fine apart from thursday when storms are forecast! Murphy's law. Having read the general chat page it seems like there has been an absolute mother of a storm up there just now! Have to see how it pans out i suppose.

Preseason Friendly

Sharks v USA Select

EIS, Sheffield

Date: Wed 22nd Sept

Tip off: 8pm

Price: £6

There are limited tickets available for this game. Phone the Sharks office 0114 257 1994 to reserve your tickets today. Tickets will be on sale on the door but only available on a first come first serve basis.

Got this off http://www.whatsbev.com , just posting it in case anyone is interested who will be around in freshers week.

As a very keen college ball fan in the US ( I don't like NBA ) I was wondering if there is any kind of university league play in the UK along the lines of our NCAA. I note from comments in this link that court space is at a premium, and much of it outdoors. It's amazing to see the quality of Olympic play especially free and 3 point shooting on national teams, where basketball is very secondary to football. The US is spoiled and behaves like it.