Life Change Continued

I don't know if any of you remember but a couple of months ago I decided I wanted to make some major changes in my life, mainly my career.

Well I applied to do a Social Care HND and was accepted. I have just found out my student loan application has been accepted and not only are they going to pay my fees, they are going to lend me over £4000 and are also going to GIVE me £1000. I'm so happy.

It's really happening. :D

Norbo If I can do it then anyone can!

I still have to get over the hurdle of letting my current employer know of my plans but I plan to do this very soon so as to give them a good length of notice. They have been very good to me and I want to make it all as easy for them as possible.

I was always moaning about how I wanted to do something different but I always made excuses like I couldn't afford to do it, or I didn't want to get in debt etc...

Now I realise that yes I may be a bit short of cash for a couple of years. I might be in debt when I finish my course but at least I will have given it a shot and I wont have spent years thinking what if.

I just hope I enjoy the course now!:D If not I will have to just pretend because my family would despair of me! They think I'm crazy as it is :D

Originally posted by steelblade

I don't know if any of you remember but a couple of months ago I decided I wanted to make some major changes in my life, mainly my career.

Well I applied to do a Social Care HND and was accepted. I have just found out my student loan application has been accepted and not only are they going to pay my fees, they are going to lend me over £4000 and are also going to GIVE me £1000. I'm so happy.

It's really happening. :D

Good lad hope ur happy:thumbsup:

miniminch I'm a girlie! :D

Thanks Lickszz. I carried on with the other HND until the end of the first year. I didn't want to pack it in half way through so thought it best to at least complete the year.

I feel a little sad that I haven't completed it all but I guess sometimes you just have to decide whether what you're doing is what you want to be doing for the next 50 years!

I just hope I enjoy this HND otherwise I'll have to go and be a bus driver or something :D