Sign in to follow this  

Across the Pond Politics

If they were standing in this country, who would your vote go to?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. If they were standing in this country, who would your vote go to?

• Bush
    • Kerry

Earlier this month, the web site for the Bush-Cheney campaign - the real one- featured a "create your own banner" tool, where you could enter your own slogan and print out your own poster, with the Bush-Cheney logo, and a note at the bottom "paid for by Bush-Cheney '04, Inc."

Democrats, of course, couldn't get enough of this. The original sloganator accepted everything, then it started censoring profanity and words like "Hitler," "dictator," and "evil."

Many clever folks exploited the sloganator to their own ends before its sad demise only a couple of weeks after its birth, and its mourners assembled some of the best for the slideshow.

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~meo232/sloganator/

check it out, it's very funny

And in the spirit of bipartisanship, allow me to offer the John Kerry Sloganator. Not run by the candidate, so it's uncensored.

http://www.kerrysloganator.com/

I pray that Kerry makes it into the White House...he'd have to be the devil himself to be worse than Georgie Boy!

give me bush every time over some dithering liberal.

I'd take a dithering liberal over a decisive neo-conservative war-hawk any day, but that's just my preferance.

Well it's a free country,I dont think the democrats will win and the reason is that the economy is strong and I expect the Iraq situation to begin to fade from the headlines soon.

If you look back to when clinton won he used the phrase " IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID " and this is what the americans think.

As long as they feel prosperous they will stick with the status quo,besides kerry is in need of a charisma by pass the man reminds me of bob dole and look what happend to him?

Your opinion is right in theory, but i don't think the America economy is strong at the moment at all. The unemployment rate has risen under bush and the economy has become weaker.

Having lived in a Republican state while Bush has been president, i'd say things aren't looking too good. Die-hard republicans have told me they would never vote for him. I'd be really surprised if he gets back in... but who knows what he can fix.

The thing going for Bush is that Kerry is not exactly a great media man, he hasn't got charm like Clinton... maybe alot of Americans will think 'why change horsemen mid-apocalypse?'.

That is the unfortunate truth of the matter, while the US electorate is happy and warm the rest of the issues that face the world at large can go hang.

The reality of the situation is that as far as the ecomomy and many domestic issues are concerned the fact that there's a Democrat in the oval office won't make a sod of difference. Many of the issues that people frown upon Bush for were initiated by Poppy Bush and ecxellerated under Clinton.

My preference for the democrat stems mainly from the vain hope that he may bring some level of sanity to the US on issues such as the right to abortion, sex-education and the immediate problem of curbing the power of the radical christian right that has enjoyed having Bush's ear.

I await the result with interest,you never know what will happen people thought that al gore woul'd win but we know what the result was.

I will admit that getting a southern senator to run on the ticket coul'd be a master stroke,because he does come across well on the t v and he seems to connect with the people,he reminds me of Clinton in some ways.

One things for sure though it will be tight,they will have to make sure they dont get another Florida situation.

Yeah, John Edwards was a stroke of genius, they love him in North Carolina, i think quite a few Republicans might jump on the Kerry vote because of that.

Yes Edwards is a positive move by Kerry,I think he will resonate with those who are undecided,but like I said the economy will be decisive.

Unless the USA goes into recesion which looks oulikely before the election them Bush will hang on,but only just.

The US economy isn't THAT good at the moment - take a look at the pound - dollar exchanged rate which has slid quite badly versus the pound - euro exchange rate. I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't get back in as I think the three stooges would be an improvement in terms of leadership, intelligence and the outlook for world security...

Originally posted by royjames

give me bush every time over some dithering liberal.

We need a strong man huh? Isn't that what people were saying at the time of the rise of Hitler and Stalin?