Connecting a 2nd pc to bt hub

dlee

well all you need to do really is network your 2 computers with a network cable and share the internet connection that way :)

OR if eithe ris a laptop with wireless, connect the hub to your PC with the cable and then connect the wireless directly to the hub :)

i;ll start from beginning so you can get the full picture.

got bt hub connected via earthnet cable want to connect another pc through same hub but this will be via usb connection.

Followed bt insructions:turn offf the hub connect filters all that rubbish,wait for broadband lights to go staedy bla bla bla.

inserted bt cd into second computer as set out in setup instructions,instaleed everything as normal once finished it said broadband was connected but could connect because there was an unknown problem.

its crap,bt is crap

If your BT hub is a router, then all you need to do is connect it by network cable, internet sharing (network broadcasting) should be enabled by default on the router so you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Unless the hub isn't a router :P

I thought the BT Hub was supposed to be wireless.

If I had my way, all BT Hubs would be incinerated, and BT have a rethink until they can supply something that works properly.

they have wireless built in for laptops eetc, but can easily be connected by one of 2 different cables :)

Archived