Sheffield Kickboxing Show 17th November 2006= RESULTS!!!

chefkicker

WOW!!!

What a night, I have just got in now. The whole night was full of drama and excitement.

A few less fights took place due to last minute pull outs and let downs.

Then there was one fighter who was involved in a car accident in the semi main event then had to rush with the driver to hospital. Gutted for him and his corner crew.

The results will follow shortly.

FIGHT RESULTS

FIGHT 1 =

JUNIOR KICKBOXING

LEIF TAGGART (MIDDLESBOROUGH) VS HAYDN WALKER (LINCOLN)

WINNER= HAYDN WALKER.

FIGHT 2 =

LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

DANIEL RENSHAW (BLACK DRAGONS) VS RAVI GOYA ( A.F.K. SHEFFIELD)

WINNER = RAVI GOYA

FIGHT 3=

DEMONSTRATION BOUT (OPEN WEIGHT)

This was due to opponents pulling out for injuries etc,...

BRETT THOMAS (DOLGELLAU THAIBOXING , WALES) VS HAMZA RAJA (A.F.K. SHEFFIELD)

Good exchange and a DRAW (No decision due to weight difference).

FIGHT 4=

CRUISERWEIGHT KICKBOXING

DION OAKES (LONDON) VS NEIL TOPPING (A.F.K. SHEFFIELD)

WINNER= NEIL TOPPING

FIGHT 5=

MIDDLEWEIGHT KICKBOXING

RICHARD MAYO (BLACK DRAGONS) VS DANNY BLAKE (DOLGELLAU THAIBOXING , WALES)

WINNER= DANNY BLAKE 1ST ROUND KO!

FIGHT 6=

LIGHTWEIGHT KICKBOXING

LEWIS STOKES (BLACK DRAONS ) VS NAZ KHAN (A.F.K. SHEFFIELD)

RESULT= NO CONTEST

Unusual circumstances took place in this bout.

FIGHT 7=

SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

MIKE NEAL (A.F.K. SHEFFIELD) VS ASHLEY GORMALL (ST. GEORGES NOTTINGHAM)

WINNER = ASHLEY GORMALL

FIGHT 8=

INTERNATIONAL THAIBOXING CONTEST

NICK WILSON (SCARBOROUGH ENGLAND) VS ANTON NEVEDEL

WINNER ANTON NEVEDEL

I must say that it was great to see fellow sheffield forumers Shoojiki, Clobo, Davemantis, Lankymanbjj, The Rage , Catt &Urban Pebbles(who train with me anyway) and also Beserk Adam who was co-promoter on the day.

Forumer HaMzA put up a good performance against a larger opponent landing some of those famous "head" shots that he likes to talk about on the forum :P

Anybody want to commentate on how the fights went, lets hear your views.

You forgot to mention me :hihi: I came with James who filmed the event :)

It was a good night. Wished i could have stayed the whole night but had to leave for work after the Mayo fight...that was abit crazy! Do they have a past??

Ill let you know what i think of the rest of the fights after ive watched them :D

You forgot to mention me :hihi: I came with James who filmed the event :)

It was a good night. Wished i could have stayed the whole night but had to leave for work after the Mayo fight...that was abit crazy! Do they have a past??

Ill let you know what i think of the rest of the fights after ive watched them :D

Hi funkyukgal,..

That was you???

WOW!

Nice to meet you.

Mayo and the welsh guy had never met before.

Mayo relied too much on physical strength and treated it like a street fight.

Danny Blake was not as strong but he played a clever game and countered with accurate right crosses.

I had a Brill night last night good fights, good food and i sat net to 2 of the sexiest women on the forum :wink: not a bad night out:thumbsup: :heyhey: :heyhey: .

I would recommend that people that missed out should get to the next 1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chefkicker Can you count to 3 ????????lol

Hi funkyukgal,..

That was you???

WOW!

Nice to meet you.

Mayo and the welsh guy had never met before.

Mayo relied too much on physical strength and treated it like a street fight.

Danny Blake was not as strong but he played a clever game and countered with accurate right crosses.

That was me :blush: was nice to meet you too :)

Yea it did look like a street fight more than a KB match.

chefkicker Can you count to 3 ????????lol

:lol: that was pretty funny!

Hi to all who attended, Was a really good night well done to all the fighters everyone put on a good show.

I agree farhad its was like a street fight, i think nerves got the better of me, i felt tired before i'd started. instead of picking my shots i just rushed in, lack off experience and nerves i guess. It doesn't help having to wait around hours but berfore your fight, but thats just the nature of the game, everyones in the same boat so no excuses there.

Im glad to get my first proper fight out of the way, hopefully next time i wont be as nervous. well done to danny, Hopefully i'll get another crack at him.

Well done to dan renshaw who showed great heart in his fight, took a few good shots in the first but came back in rounds 2 and 3.

Well done to lewis stokes as well, who put on a good performance. Thanks to all from the Black Dragons who came out to support us.

Well Done to all. :thumbsup:

Hi to all who attended, Was a really good night well done to all the fighters everyone put on a good show.

I agree farhad its was like a street fight, i think nerves got the better of me, i felt tired before i'd started. instead of picking my shots i just rushed in, lack off experience and nerves i guess. It doesn't help having to wait around hours but berfore your fight, but thats just the nature of the game, everyones in the same boat so no excuses there.

Im glad to get my first proper fight out of the way, hopefully next time i wont be as nervous. well done to danny, Hopefully i'll get another crack at him.

Well done to dan renshaw who showed great heart in his fight, took a few good shots in the first but came back in rounds 2 and 3.

Well done to lewis stokes as well, who put on a good performance. Thanks to all from the Black Dragons who came out to support us.

Well Done to all. :thumbsup:

Nice one "Salad Cream" , your alias made me LMAO!!!

You took everything like a true gentleman, that is how true fighters should behave. Lewis' fight was full of controversy but that simply added to the drama.

Be a little bit more careful in your next contest "salad cream".

Mike neal's fighting style was picturesque but he tired himself out using too many of those flashy kicks.

Mike Neals original opponent was Richard Kenny from Leeds.The rules were supposed to be "kickboxing" as opposed to "full contact".

I.E. Low kicks and knees allowed as opposed to kicks above the belt.

At the last minute, Richard Kenny was unable to make it due to a car accident and was rushed to hospital. Mike Neal ended up having to put on Foot pads (and shin pads :( at the other camp's request) and fight "American kickboxing" i.e. Full Contact rules. Full contact = all kicks and punches above the waist line.

Mike had to put up with a change in rules which lead to a change in tactics and started using all the flashy kicks (since low kicks and clinching were not allowed). Not making any excuses for Mike, but the other guy had better cardio and that is what saw Ashley from Nottingham through.

Still made for an entertaining fight.

Daniel Renshaw and Ravi Goya was an excellent contest.Experience Vs Enthusiasm. Daniel was more experienced than Ravi in that he had been a veteran of the BUMAC circuit. Ravi relying on speed and ringcraft (and a superb right hand) Daniel excelling on the inside. A close evenly matched fight with all the ingredients of a crowd pleaser.

Nice one Salad Cream.

Get yourself on here more often!!!

:thumbsup:

Archived