Taxi needed - Cheap and reliable

Anorak

Baldilocks, on here, runs a private hire taxi firm. It's based in the north of Sheffield.

Very good, very reliable and reasonably priced.

He came to our rescue, recently, when the taxi firm we had booked with let us down at the last minute.

They are called ASAP cars, and you can contact them on 2465656.

there's only really 2 big hitters that can cover the whole of sheffield -RCA taxis or Mercury taxis. Firms with more drivers means your less likely to wait for a taxi simple as.

Other companies- RD taxis(parsons cross area)

Phoenix Taxis-again parsons/hillsborough

Local cars(high green/chapeltown end)

Network (woodseats end)

Express (not too sure where these specifically cover)

And when you say cheap and reliable, the two don't really mix. You'd have to compromise one for the other.

do you mean parson cross, james?

I partially agree, that there are only a couple of firms that comprehensively cover Sheffield, but the OP IIRC, specifically asked about NORTH sheffield, and I know that ASAP, who ARE in North sheffield, are inexpensive, and they are reliable, which are three of the reasons why I recommended them. (the other reason being their customer service levels:- friendly, cheerful, helpful, prompt, accommodating...)

Hi, just a point about private hire firms in Sheffield. Some of those advertised in the Yellow Pages etc are unlicensed and therefore you may put yourself at risk of being uninsured or conned out of your money. If you want to double check whether a firm is licensed with Sheffield City Council you can contact the licensing section on 2734005 and they can tell you straight away. Whetever you do NEVER EVER use a firm called UK executive cars or UK Cars (or a variation of the two).

there's only really 2 big hitters that can cover the whole of sheffield -RCA taxis or Mercury taxis. Firms with more drivers means your less likely to wait for a taxi simple as.

RUBBISH. The two big firms mentioned above take bookings (many hours before) and then look for a driver in your area 5 mins before the booking is due. If there is non free at the time or are a lot of people waiting then you can be waiting for an hour plus for your 'pre booked taxi'. The only exception is if you are going for a train as they know they are liable for any costs if you miss it.

RUBBISH. The two big firms mentioned above take bookings (many hours before) and then look for a driver in your area 5 mins before the booking is due. If there is non free at the time or are a lot of people waiting then you can be waiting for an hour plus for your 'pre booked taxi'. The only exception is if you are going for a train as they know they are liable for any costs if you miss it.

I use Mercury a lot, and if I'm booking, in time to get a train, and I point out that I have a train to catch, the operator STILL says "I can't guarantee we will get you to your train, and we aren't liable if you miss it!"

So I say to them "This is why I'm phoning, 2 hours before I need to set off, in order to give you time to GET a cab to me, before my train departs!"

I'm not sure if they are trying to cover their backs...?

Archived