Sign in to follow this  

Heatwave keeping cool

I darent get naked, aparrantly theres something in the Geneva convention about me getting undressed so I have to sweat it out.

We went to Focus and bought a bloody big fan.

It's a floor standing non-oscillating one and it just pumps cool air out at you.

We keep bottles of water in the freezer - yeah I know pure ice in the morning, but by lunchtime they're just about ready to drink when the heat starts pumping out.

Got ceiling fans in every room to try and keep cool and plenty of water to drink in the fridge.

Ceiling fans here too but they just move the hot air around when its like this.

Nah this one is a monster. It cost £25 and is heavy duty. Put it this way, we didn't expect it to do the job we bought it to do. And it does it, and then some.

I feel at home as I’m from Rio de Janeiro, yesterday said in the news that we are getting better whether then Rio the only thing they didn’t say is that is winter over there Hashanah

You need a fan blowing on you directly to move the air across your skin. This allows the sweat to evaporate, giving a cooling effect. (it needs heat to evaporate, and gets this from your body, refrigeration cycle, thanks Lord Kelvin)

If you have a cycling fan, this is better, because you dont get too cold, and other people get the benefit as well.

Try and get a load of ice in front of the fan also.

I feel at home as I’m from Rio de Janeiro, yesterday said in the news that we are getting better whether then Rio the only thing they didn’t say is that is winter over there Hashanah

Winter in Rio? Does that mean the Sun is not quite overhead at midday? :D