Multiple Sclerosis - Disease Modifying Therapies

I  have fairly recently been diagnosed as having RRMS - (Relapsing/Remitting Multiple Sclerosis). It's a very scary diagnosis, but my only symptoms so far have been 3 periods of sight problems. I have had seriously blurred vision on one of these occasions, double vision on another occasion, and most recently, a complete loss of vision in my left eye. All of these relapses lasted no more than a few days, after which my vision returned to normal. At my most recent appointment with my neurological consultant she has urged me to accept a " Disease Modification Therapy" which would involve going on a course of powerful drugs called Cladribine.

I am in a real dilemma about whether or not I should go on this course of treatment. There is no cure for MS, but the advantage of this treatment is that it may slow down the frequency & severity of my MS relapses. The disadvantage is that the treatment itself will destroy my natural immune system and leave me wide open to all sorts of other viral and bacterial infections - plus other side effects, lie hair loss, skin diseases, etc ,etc.

At the moment I feel quite well and I'm very reluctant o accept  a treatment that would make me feel worse.  On the other hand. if I don't accept this treatment, I risk my MS symptoms becoming more frequent and more serious. I really feel caught between the devil and the deep blue sea!

My question is, are there any more MS sufferers out there who have been on course of the Cladribine drug? If so, what were your experiences? Did it make you better, or worse?

I know that, ultimately, only I can make this decision - but I would appreciate feedback from any other MS sufferers who've taken this nasty  Cladribine drug.

Thanks

I don't know if this is any help at all, but a friend of mine with MS swears by Cannabis.

Medicinal Cannabis is available at places like Holland and Barrett, so it might be worthwhile having a chat with them and your doctor.