Jack's Story

Earlier this year I lost my father Mr Jack Foster, who was known to many in the Sheffield area. During the 1950's Jack was called to National Service and was eventually selected to join the SAS Parachute Regiment deployed to the jungles of Malaya, during the 'Malayan Emergency'.

Following his passing and the recollection of his earlier memories as relayed to me, I have now written ‘Jacks Story’.

‘Jacks Story’ tells the story of the Army experience of that typical Arbourthorne lad, being drafted into National Service at only 17 years old. A rebellious youth who challenged the Army regime and spent a period inside the notorious Bielefeld Military Prison in West Germany. He would eventually settle to Army life, and later being selected to join the SAS Parachute Regiment. Deployed to fight in the jungles of Malaya during the ‘Malayan Emergency’ (Britain's very own ‘Vietnam’).

Many of these older Soldiers are still with us and so humble as to what they experienced in their earlier lives and ‘Jack’s Story’ so typifies this. Today being Remembrance Sunday, I feel as a later generation we should be so grateful for the sacrifices that these earlier generations had endured.

‘Jacks Story’ is available in both Kindle and Paperback formats published on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacks-Story-Mark-Foster/dp/B0CLHT53Y8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=63T06KLWQOVA&keywords=jack%27s+story&qid=1699912099&sprefix=%2Caps%2C121&sr=8-1