Wrong Facts

Hi if i have been accused of 2 offences by a person who lied to the police and I've received an official community resolution with the facts all wrong , what would i have to do to get this amended and clear my name.

Edited by juany3168

You've posted this under 'Business & Employment'. Are you looking to employ a criminal solicitor?

I am not a lawyer. My understanding is that you can only be offered a Community Resolution if you admit guilt. If you admitted to something else, but then the police wrote up a resolution with the facts all wrong, then you probably need to speak to a solicitor. Maybe you can also complain to the chief constable or commissioner.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2023 at 22:07, wotnot said:

You've posted this under 'Business & Employment'. Are you looking to employ a criminal solicitor?

I am not a lawyer. My understanding is that you can only be offered a Community Resolution if you admit guilt. If you admitted to something else, but then the police wrote up a resolution with the facts all wrong, then you probably need to speak to a solicitor. Maybe you can also complain to the chief constable or commissioner.

that is my understanding of the situation as well  and i agree with your suggestions