Ponds Forge Parking Scam

2 hours ago, Ant68 said:

It wasn’t advice, merely pointing out another avenue some have / would take.

Different avenues? Here is one.

Another avenue would be for a friend or partner without a drivers license to write back a defensive denial to parking company immediately using their own identity saying somewhere not too obvious in the middle they are writing this on behalf of the driver.

Let this person respond a defence to the private parking company each and every letter mentioning somewhere in the middle not too obvious again this is on behalf of the driver.

After few months the legal right of the private parking company expires to take the owner to court, they have to do that in a certain timespan or all rights to do this expires.

The friend or partner then writes back again to the private company saying what are you doing with me I don't even have a drivers license. If you do not stop harassing me I want £500 for harassment, you have not even asked me who the driver was while I clearly stated in my letters I was only writing them on behalf of the driver.

Then after the timespan to legally get the owner expired. (forgotten exactly how long but its only few months) the owner can give that company the fingers saying they are too late and uncle jim drove the car.

The person who wrote before must ask for large compensation for harassment cause they do not even have a drivers license and haven't even been asked who the driver was, cause uncle jim from australia who drove it died of cancer last month.

Edited by dutch

Once again, this is a civil matter, and they can take the driver (or registered keeper if the provisions of POFA 2012 have been met) to court any time up to 6 years later. The owner is never liable, except potentially in some byelaws places like railway stations.

Don't you just put your registration in before you leave and pay on departure at Ponds Forge? I've never displayed a ticket there