Tesco car wash damaged my car :(

I took my car to the car wash at Tesco on Abbeydale Road yesterday and it scratched my rear window!

It's not huge, but it's certainly noticable. There are about 5 or 6 lines on it where the brush, or whatever was on the brush, scratched the glass.

I am a bit annoyed as it's my new car, but realise that they probably have a 'use at your own risk' policy on the machine.

Anyway, it's the last time I'll be using it and thought I'd warn others just in case it wasn't a one of incident.

Anyone know if there's anything I can use to get rid of the white coloured scratches? Isn't there some liquid that fills the scratches and hardens or something?

Yes there is something you can use to rid of the scratches.. Can't remember for the life of me what its called tho but I used to use it. *thinks*

I'd reccommend washing your car yourself in future. No scratches, better wash, more rewarding etc.

I will either wash it myself or use the jetwash. I don't have a drive and so have to wash it on the road at home which is a pain.

I'd heard stories in the past about machines scratching the cars, but this is the first time it's happened to me. The worrying thing is that the scratches are made in the glass and quite deep, so imagine what that would have done to the paintwork if it had scratched that!

Did you try and get your money back or did you not realise til after? Must hgave been something pretty hard to scrathch the window!

Ive heard many stories of bad carwash experiences. My mum did one and ended up having tiny little scratches covering the whole of her car.

Give your car to the guys at Top Gear, they managed to break a car wash with theirs ;)

Did you try and get your money back or did you not realise til after? Must hgave been something pretty hard to scrathch the window!

Ive heard many stories of bad carwash experiences. My mum did one and ended up having tiny little scratches covering the whole of her car.

They state that you use it at your own risk, so I can't see Tesco being that bothered to be honest.

I suppose I should have said something though, to stop it happening to others on that day, I'll give them a call and hope they check it out.

This is why i never use car washes and do it myself.

I'd try using some t-cut if i were you - this will remove very small paint scuffs. Anything more you will to call in the experts i'm afraid!!

It's not the paint, that's all fine, it's the back window that's scratched on the glass.

So you have a new car and you are putting it through a car wash?

I never use car washes, always wash mine by hand in the road, who needs a drive. Once in a while I might take it to the jet wash somewhere.

I have seen car washes with bits of metal car aerial spinning around in them before and at the moment with all the numpties with their tacky england flags I wouldn't go near a car wash with an upturned skip because it would probably scratch all the paint off.

My boss had a car once which he bought cheap from an auction because the wheel brushes from a car wash had come out and buffed a whirl damaging the paint half way along the doors. You could see it plainly, and it couldn't be t-cut away.

Tesco Car Wash is a NO GO!!!

i made the mistake a couple of times before i realized not to go there ever again!!!

My boss had a car once which he bought cheap from an auction because the wheel brushes from a car wash had come out and buffed a whirl damaging the paint half way along the doors. You could see it plainly, and it couldn't be t-cut away.

he should have taken it to a car detailer, they would have got paint swirls out, t-cut on its own wont, but they can :)

Tesco Car Wash is a NO GO!!!

i made the mistake a couple of times before i realized not to go there ever again!!!

Guess I just joined that club too, the hard way :(

Do halfords sell any glass repair stuff?