Anyone From Carbrook?

Hi there, this is really good of you cos i tried to contact them through friends reunited.

my maiden name was suckley and we lived on higgitt rd.

perhaps you could check that they remember me and would want a call from me before we swap phone numbers.

keith still liking small faces - who would have thought it. i married a man who thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread. will call you monday evening.

thanks

Jean

Hi jeano

My family including grandparents, lived on Girton Road

between 1930s to 1960s my maiden name was

Woodhead anyone know us.

Janet May.

Hi jeano

My family including grandparents, lived on Girton Road

between 1930s to 1960s my maiden name was

Woodhead anyone know us.

Janet May.

just spent 10 mins replying then lost the email. so simply, yes i do remember them. cannot recall their faces but they lived in the top house on left hand side i think. opposite mr and mrs bosell, the feethams and frosts. i recall me and my sister playing with you when you visited.

does this ring any bells.

typo in last email boswell was the name not bosell.

Does anyone remember Carbrook school teachers?

Miss Carr and Miss Middleton, the headmistresses.

Mrs Valentine; Mrs Tucker; Miss Deakin; Miss Denby

Mr Wilde; Mrs Dobson;Miss Dungworth; Mrs Featherstone; Miss Renshaw.

I remember Miss Renshaw had long red fingernails and drove a green morris minor. she took the girls for needlework and used to peer at you over the top of her specs . to some she was a tartar but i only recall she was ok with me.

Anyone remember any others?

Anyone remember a family called Mayo that had one of the corner shops? The daughter Lynne was a singer on the clubs.

just spent 10 mins replying then lost the email. so simply, yes i do remember them. cannot recall their faces but they lived in the top house on left hand side i think. opposite mr and mrs bosell, the feethams and frosts. i recall me and my sister playing with you when you visited.

does this ring any bells.

Boswell's lived in the same yard as us and Ledgers and Bagnalls across the road.

My brothers names were Roy, Ted and Leslie Woodhead. I played with Margeret Smith and Tony Shepherd. Does anyone know these?

Janet

Hi Janet

Tony Shepherd was a bit older than us. He had a sister Jill and brother Paul (Bloggsy). Tony joined the navy and was in it for years. Met up with Paul at my 50th birthday party a few years ago. Amazing how people still look the same after all those years.

Hi Jeano

Yes Tony did join the Navy. We played together from being todlers,

when we moved from Carbrook Tony camr to visit us and we would

have tea together and continue our game of marbles.

When he joined the Navy we never saw him again and would

often wonder over the years how he was. So nice to hear from

someone whow knew him and his family.

Janet

my name is michael cooke and I lived on steadfast st I was in the same class as Stephen Glaves and I can vaguely remember Keith Storer and June Barnard. Always played football on the Rec with people like Dick Martin, Martin Sapcote and Jim Shirt to name but a few

Hi Jeano, remember Miss Middleton well I gained notoriety by putting a tennis ball through her window one dinner time playing rounders. Mr Wilde my formaster sent me to get the ball back. That I think was in 1962 before I left. My teachers were Miss Shaw, Mrs Gilliat a Canadian called Mac something and then Mr Wilde.

Jeano did you by any chance go to Abbeydale Grammar? Knocked around with a girl called Carol Tattersall, she lived up the 'cliffe somewhere around the baths, I think