St Marys School in walkley

Hi, my name is Andrew Walshaw, born and forged in Sheffield until the age of 16, then family moved to rural Lincolnshire.

From 1955 to 1965 I attended St Marys School in walkley.

Would be great to find any of my old school friends ie., Jane Fisher, Janet Clayton, Richard and Elizabeth Fletcher, Paul and Pauline Roebuck ????

Hi Andrew,

I also attended St Mary's school in Walkley but a few years after you (probably started around 1962) so you would have been a "much" older boy than me and wouldn't have noticed this youngster - different year groups and different playgrounds.  I recognise some of the surnames you mention but more likely to be younger siblings or cousins.  Others have posted here about St Mary's and named friends.  Try searching the forum and you might find a more useful contact than me.

Great school,

David

1 hour ago, TWhits said:

Hi Andrew,

I also attended St Mary's school in Walkley but a few years after you (probably started around 1962) so you would have been a "much" older boy than me and wouldn't have noticed this youngster - different year groups and different playgrounds.  I recognise some of the surnames you mention but more likely to be younger siblings or cousins.  Others have posted here about St Mary's and named friends.  Try searching the forum and you might find a more useful contact than me.

Great school,

David

Thanks David. I will keep searching. I lived on South Road, above Bowaters shop and Dempseys the shoe shop, then moved to top of Fulton Road. My Aunty had the beer-off (off license) opposite.

Happy Days

Andrew