Anyone fix monitors?

cod2gamer

I have a completely different monitor and the same problem.

The HDMI port seems unusually loose so only certain HDMI cables work in it as they seem to make a better connection.

Or if its the DVI port that is having problems, you can always get an HDMI to DVI adapter.

You might not get sound that way though, although mine says DVI-D does not support sound (as the DVI specification doesn't support it) but it seems to be internally handled by an HDMI controller as if I use an HDMI to DVI cable I do still get sound.

Edited by AlexAtkin

I'm lost now, do you mean switching it on the monitor or switching it on the PC?

Does your monitor have displayport? My monitor is very twitchy about HDMI (it only seems to be reliable with really short cables) and its been much more reliable over displayport.

my monitor has vga dvi and hdmi if i plug hdmi into the monitor it will stay in power saving mode but then if i connect dvi or vga into the back of the pc and plug it into the monitor sometimes it will come on and stay on you need to keep switching between say dvi and hdmi to get it to come on and stay on