Limpsfield School parking

I complained to the school, police and council at least three times over the last couple of years and nothing. School claims they have tried, police say its a shame and that I should tell the council, and the council? Well they just ignore you. Sending the traffic wardens every day for a month will soon sort it and pay for itself in fines but actually DOING something is not in the councils book :(

That's absolute nonsense.

The Council have civil enforcement officers patrolling at schools every single day that schools are open. They have a rota of schools they visit and they also respond to problems reported to them.

Most schools in the city are reporting similar problems. Have you seen how many schools there are in Sheffield? See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_schools_in_Sheffield

How do you think they could dedicate resources to just one school for a whole month? And what good would it do anyway? The drivers would be back doing what they do as soon as there were no enforcement officers in sight.

It would not pay for itself as they issue relatively low numbers of penalties near schools as the drivers just drive off when the see the CEO coming.

The Council have forty odd enforcement staff, who work a three shift system, covering 7 days a week. They can only ever field a handful of staff to enforce at schools, so you need to be realistic in what you can expect from them.

Guest makapaka

It's the way of the world now.

I went to limpsefield 25 years ago - no one came in car - we all walked in and home. We used to get to playground for 8am to play football until school started.

Think a lot of parents still want to take their kids in until secondary school now. .

It's the way of the world now.

I went to limpsefield 25 years ago - no one came in car - we all walked in and home. We used to get to playground for 8am to play football until school started.

Think a lot of parents still want to take their kids in until secondary school now. .

I am now 33 and I went there too. I know, life was much better then. I feel sorry for what kids dont get now knowing what we had. Its a shame, it really is.

Yep it wouldnt take much throwing out some fines as that would stop them, but I imagine they would just be back the next month doing it again. Brightside is also horrendous but it does seem worse up here.

Maybeits because I drive up here more.

Parking fines were given out a few times at Brightside when my son was there (going back about 8 - 11 years). Parents just complained and commented about the parking enforcement officers being hypocrites because their car was parked illegally.

I agree Limpsfield is horrendous but there isn't much the school or anyone else can do about it. The parents who are doing it will tell you a hundred reasons why it is necessary for them to pick their child up in the car (not many will be valid). I always check the time when driving near there and go a different route to avoid it.

Wincobank and concord school are exactly the same, parking on double yellow lines and the zig zags on the crossing and blocking driveways. Traffic wardens come and go but people just do not care and continue to do it Day in day out.

Parents just complained and commented about the parking enforcement officers being hypocrites because their car was parked illegally.

Civil Enforcement Officers (CEO's) are exempt from parking restrictions when carrying out their enforcement duties, so they weren't parked illegally at all.

Civil Enforcement Officers (CEO's) are exempt from parking restrictions when carrying out their enforcement duties, so they weren't parked illegally at all.

I never thought they were - just saying what parents said.

Guest makapaka
I am now 33 and I went there too. I know, life was much better then. I feel sorry for what kids dont get now knowing what we had. Its a shame, it really is.

It is a shame but like i I said it's the way of the world. I'm as bad cos I wouldn't let my daughter walk to junior school - it was just the norm then.

Walk down and knock on your mates door as you walked down and go in together.

Your the same age as my brother who went there aswell you probably know him.