Mobility scooters

my hubby had a mobility scooter which he was paying for over 36 months he only paid 1 months payment before he died, who does the mobility scooter belong to myself or the finance company. i wrote to them at the end of march after my hubby had died telling them over his death and sent a copy of his death certificate but they have not got back to me yet. the scooter was insured but think it was just for fire theft and criminal damage. i have had people tell me to sell it or tell them its been stolen. you would think they would have got back to me after 6 weeks. even if they did not get the letter they would have wrote to my hubby for none payment. the place he got the mobility scooter from knew he was terminally ill, i would have thought they would not have sold it to him, but they did.i dont want to sell it then find out that its not mine to sell.

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your husband.

Maybe you should trying calling the finance company, you never know - the certificate may have been lost and they might not check up on the payments until over a certain time, at least by calling them you'll get answers quicker.

If you get no joy then maybe you could get your solicitor to write to them, they seem to listen when the law is involved - get their ass into gears!

Good Luck!!

Archived