Advice on lawn mowers please

I have a medium sized lawn (rough grass) really, Its very poor grass and the land is sloping in places plus its very uneven.

Its very hard work for me with a flymo with grass collector, I need a different one but have no experience with them.

It will never be like previous lawns i have had but i like to cut weekly but its hard graft and not pleasurable. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED PLEASE

Hi, I would have thought the (Flymo & other brand) hover mowers are lighter than other types i.e rotary,because most of the material is plastic, or at least mine is. Mine has a large motor-1800w which is the heaviest part.A large grass box full of grass can be weighty.

One workaround is to cut it without using the grassbox. Another idea is a petrol mower that drives itself as opposed to having to push it.

Thankyou for taking the time, I shall look at some reviews from users of Flymo

I have a low end Mountfield petrol rotary mower that withstood 2 years of commercial use, and does a really good job. I still like it, and use it for my own lawn, although it's retired from hard graft now. I can recommend them (B&Q sell them) for most kinds of lawn conditions for a home owner. Mine is a HP454, but there is a SP454 (self propelled).

Hope that helps :)

Best lawn mowers are Honda with a powered drive // get one that has the biggest grass box available. Expensive but in 20 years time it will stiil start first time like mine . I watch the neighbours cutting there lawn with there electric lawn mowers takes them 2 hours takes me 15 mins /. 20 years of hard

work for them best thing i ever bought. :hihi:

Had a mountfield waste of money

Edited by spider1

The guy that cuts my grass uses a petrol one that almost drives itself - and that is amazing. I don't cut my own grass anymore, but if I did, I'd be buying one of those.

thanks to you all, i am convinced petrol + self propelled, ta again